Lets see Your War Room Posters

davekj

Would like to see your Recruiting , War Bound , Liberty Loan , Red cross war related , etc. poster or posters you have in your war room . This one is a WWII .

Dave

dav14.JPG

I have three posters in mine. All original WWII posters. It really makes the room when the posters are as authentic as the uniforms, etc.

post-79-1192663208.jpg

Early WWII Cooks and Bakers Recruiting. Back side is blue and a "call to the colors" for one year with Indiana recruiting stations listed. I'm thinking 1940 moblization. So I guess to save paper these were reprinted on the back side. -

post-146-1192663486.jpg

Great Posters Guys !!!! I will post a couple more in the morning . I hope a lot more people add theirs too !!! It is hard to believe how many different posters there are . I Thank You for adding yours !!!!

Dave

Charlie Flick

All are great examples posted above. Very nice!

Here is an old sorta crummy pic of my library, showing four of the nine original posters I have up on the walls. I have another ten or so that I would like to get up, but ran out of space. My better half has frowned on me putting them up in the living room. Something or other about the 'design scheme'. I don't see the problem myself.

I have had most of my posters de-acidified and professionally mounted on museum quality linen backing to help preserve them. I like the old posters and would like to chase some more, but space is the major issue these days.

Charlie

P5120076.jpg

Great Posters Charlie !!

Thank You for posting them !!!! I know what you mean about space I have about 70 posters most in Blueprint cabinets with acid free paper between them . about 50 are WWI , 6 WWII and the rest being after WWII . My wife said the same to me . so I tried to sneak one past one day ( Took one of her pictures down ) . Boy did I ever catch it . never do that again .

Dave

Great Poster Steven !!! I Thank You for posting it !!! Are the eyes of the Hun Red ?? I'm Thinking that there are 2 versions of that poster One with red eyes and one without .

Dave

IMPERIAL QUEST
Great Poster Steven !!! I Thank You for posting it !!! Are the eyes of the Hun Red ?? I'm Thinking that there are 2 versions of that poster One with red eyes and one without .

Dave

Hi Dave. Yea, it is a pretty neat one. If I remember correctly, his eyes are a creepy yellowish-greenish color, but I will have to conform that tonight. As much time as I spend in that room, I can't believe that I don't remember. think.gif

Hi All !!

Here are 2 more these are in my top ten . Both original WWI . these pictures don't do them justice the colors are unbelievable in person . Hope you enjoy !!

Dave

dave11.JPG

dave3.JPG

IMPERIAL QUEST

Dave

The eyes are the same greenish color as the highlights in the water.

Great Poster Chuck !!! I need to get a couple of WWII out . There has been some really super posters posted !!! I just don't seem to find that many WWII posters for some reason . There out there . I'm glad to hear how everyone is preserving them also !! Some people just put them in a frame because they do not know . So this is educating for them how to do it the right way !!! Thank You all for adding this !! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Dave

Here are some of mine...piled in a corner of the WR

Unfortunately, most of my 100 + WWI posters are kept in Carboard tubes

Me wife dont like to see them hanging in the Living roon, in the kitchen , in the sleeping rooms , in the garage as well as in the washing room.

I cannot understand why

Teufelhund

b891yt.jpg

288qkgn.jpg

Me neither. think.gif

It is nice, colorful and a big saver on wallpaper! :lol:

Very interesting poster collection you have there.

Anyone has armor related posters? (Yes, I had to ask, hehe)

Erwin

I cannot understand why

Teufelhund

Me neither. think.gif

It is nice, colorful and a big saver on wallpaper! :lol:

Very interesting poster collection you have there.

Anyone has armor related posters? (Yes, I had to ask, hehe)

Erwin

I have a large number of Armor posters from the 70s-80s that I picked up at Knox in the early 90s. They feature the M-1 tank and the Bradley Fighting Vehicle, plus there is a great one that shows Armor/Cavalry/Tank Destroyer branch insignia going way back. There is also several vehicle recognizition posters including one showing armor vehicles past and present. Unfortunately they are buried somewhere in the war room, currently beyond reach. Kevin