300 Round 7.62 Ammo Bag

M60 Driver

M60 Driver

Well since I had never seen one of these before, I figure there are others out there who haven't seen one either. I bought this ultimate man purse off a former Ranger.

post-779-1307057228.jpg

blitzkrieg gsd

Have to say its pretty cool and your rite i havent seen one yet. Are they made to feed rite from the bag, if so do you know if it works well?

hawkdriver

Since you are showing yours, I'll show mine. This is it's brother, the 100 round "nut sack". Found this in the trash in Iraq

33n95wg.jpg

2s478.jpg

M60 Driver

Yes, it is designed to feed directly from the bag, just like an ammo can. The guy I bought it from served as a gunner and he said they built a shoulder harness that allowed him to carry two of these ammo bags (600 rounds) under his arms. But I am not sure whether the man purse or the nut sack is more macho.

Linedoggie

They're different version of this out there going back to OD & Woodland. Back in 1984 we used WWII GP bags to hold 300 rd linked 7.62 some others used Buttpacks but that didnt work as well. IIRC we had some from London Bridge back in 2004 that were well engineered with stiffeners to the bag and the belt fed out from either end.