the fallen here in Normandy sixty-seven years on

General Apathy

General Apathy
I'll be glad to go pay my respect to them as well as take photos for you if you wish so.

Send me the location of their graves via pm.

Erwin

Hi Erwin, very pleased to see that you made an offer to help with photographs.

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1307174302.jpg

June 4th.

as the fighting here on the ground didn't start for another 2 days ( June 6th 1944 ) then again I was unable to find a headstone with a 4th of June date, but I have chosen headstones for the remainder of June.

General Apathy

post-344-1307256066.jpg

5th June

Joseph M Carini, S.Sgt 571 Bomb Sq. 390 Bomb Gp ( H ), New York 5 June 1944 ( 32553930 )

Mikokouki63

In memory of all the Beings who are died on the fields of honor,

In homage to all the Beings who still suffer in their flesh,

In thanking in all those who always fight for our liberties,

On behalf of a simple civilian who knows what he owes to his Beings.

General Apathy

A little note of thanks to each and everyone that has joined in on this post, it is always encouraging to receive comments when I add a topic or make a post about a subject.

I am pleased that this topic is bringing forward names of Americans that sacrificed their all when asked, and should a member be able to add a face to any of these names then I would be pleased if you did so..

Today is the 5th of June the day originally intended to be D-Day but cancelled due to bad weather conditions, after three months of beautiful sunshine we are experiencing those very same weather conditions again today sixty-seven years later, and the drop of 700 military parachutists has been called off.

Please accept my sincere thanks for all the very kind words added to this topic, both the ones directed to me but foremost for the personnel featured here.

Thank you.

General Apathy

post-344-1307307535.jpg

6th June D-Day 1944

Walter F McGowan, PFC. 531 Eng. Shore Regt., New Jersey, 6 June 1944 ( 32266855 )

General Apathy

post-344-1307428414.jpg

June 7

Donald C McGeary, SF2C USNR, Minnesota, 7 June 1944 ( 6488062 )

Johan Willaert

Hi Ken,

Just catching up with your posts since coming back from the invasion area...

I wanted to thank you for your company while being over there and let you know we and our gear arrived home without problems...

Cheers,

Johan & Co...

General Apathy

post-344-1307627142.jpg

June 9

I am pleased to show here one gentleman that I met two days ago in Normandy that made it home safely and didn't become a statistic of the war in Europe in 1944

D. Zane Schlemmer, 508th PIR.

Mr Schlemmer is stood beside the road named after him where he landed in the early hours of June 6 1944.

General Apathy

post-344-1307627463.jpg

June 9

Wilbur D. Croteau. Pfc 506 Prcht. Inf. 101 Abn. Div. California June 9 1944 ( 39252559 )

I am pleased to show here one gentleman that I met two days ago in Normandy that made it home safely and didn't become a statistic of the war in Europe in 1944

Mr Schlemmer is stood beside the road named after him where he landed in the early hours of June 6 1944.

The one thing that I never get over is seeing these "Grandfathers" and thinking about the sacrificies they made for our country at such a young age. To think about all that they did and saw is mind-boggling. They are truly the greatest generation.

Thanks so much for the wonderful pictures.....Kat

Wilbur D. Croteau. Pfc 506 Prcht. Inf. 101 Abn. Div. California June 9 1944 ( 39252559 )

Ken,

I get goosebumps with every picture you post. Thanks so much for showing us the sacrifices made by so many. :salute:

...Kat

Corpsmancollector
post-344-1307627142.jpg

June 9

This is just fantastic Ken. It's amazing to see these brave men return to the places they fought and liberated almost 70 years on. I'll bet he was still as sharp as a paratrooper switchblade!

Thanks again for taking the time to honor these heroes, it's greatly appreciated by everyone here. Really great photo :thumbsup:

Will

General Apathy

post-344-1307659149.jpg

June 10

James Blair. Pvt. 4090 QM Sv Co. South Carolina. June 10 1944. ( 34641649 )

James Blair. Pvt. 4090 QM Sv Co. South Carolina. June 10 1944. ( 34641649 )

He is from my state. I need to see if I can find out more about him.

...Kat

General Apathy
He is from my state. I need to see if I can find out more about him.

...Kat

Hello Kat, would be pleased if you could manage to find any details or photo of him to add here, good luck

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1307742942.jpg

June 11

Edward R. Sowder. Pvt 502 Prcht Inf 101 Abn Div. Ohio. June 11 2011 ( 35119940 )

Hi Ken,

What an Excellent way to Honour these True War Heros what an amazing bit of work and effort you have done there

on your behalf Thumbs up from me on this side :thumbsup: Great Stuff keep the good work up Remembering these great Men.

Im actually just Catching up with the past posts for over the last week my self,, as i am just back from Normandy

as it was my first time out there this year and i loved being there what a great place to live in thats for sure.

As a Soldier my self i Salute each and every one of these Brave Men for the Scarifices that they have giving :salute:

Best Regards

Tomás.

Ken,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. It really tells the story of the true cost of freedom.

I visited Normandy as a young soldier in May 1978 and I didn't fully appreciate the history then. I certainly do now.

Here is a photo from a photograph album from 508th vet Roy Barger. Many of his photos are from the Normandy area as I think this one is. This is a real time burial party that might have occured at Bloisville or somewhere around that area.

Kim

post-60-1307759197.jpg