"A Soldier's Story" by Omar Bradley

MattS

Not sure if this is in the right place, but thought I'd share. I picked this book up recently at a local antique shop. Not only is it autographed, it is signed to a local WW2 82nd AB vet. I called him to make sure this wasn't stolen, and he said, "no, just cleaning out some old books."

post-32676-1306947607.jpg

Great find! I'll swap you my copy for yours?! ;)

Sabrejet

Ditto!! Great find! :thumbsup:

everforward
Signature

Cool :thumbsup:

I also have a signed copy of his book from the first edition book tour (1951, Sept. 11) and judging by the signature in this example in the pic I'd say he signed this in the later stages of his life for the writing looks pretty shaky, maybe the late 70's. General Bradley gave these books away as gifts for many years after it was originally published---I'm sure he had as many as he could give away....

HoovieDude

Okay, admit it, how much did you pay Rivverrunner for it?? :lol:

Seriously, that is one wicked find :thumbsup:

Riverrunner would have had to counter-sign it from George Washington, Amelia Earhart, and Bill Clinton (in the same handwriting and with the same pen obviously). I paid $6.50 for it, which was high because of the autograph. I called Mr. Crosbie and asked him when it was he met General Bradley, and he said, "I don't know, it was probably 40 or 50 years ago."

HoovieDude

:laughing1: :laughing1: And here I was trying to wind down enough to sleep. Think my sudden outburst of laughter just kicked that idea to the curb.

I find it incredible the vet is still with us. Getting his autograph would be neat too i think.