WWII Navy Impression - RM 3/c (Parade dress?)

Captainofthe7th

Captainofthe7th

As usual this year I played taps for Memorial Day ceremonies in my town. Two cemeteries and the town center (though it was indoors this year on account of rain). Usually I wear my Mom's father's Army uniform from Korea - this year I opted for Navy after learning more about my Dad's father.

The cap and leggings are his and marked with his name. The rest of the uniform is just like his (but my size of course). I wanted to wear the leggings only because I found them recently and they are marked...so I threw on the pistol belt to complete the look. The Bluejacket Manual calls for this for parades and ceremonies anyway and there are a couple photos of Chet wearing a pistol and leggings. Plus I could throw a canteen on there...water is a must during this event.

Enjoy! It is an honor to be able to play taps each year...and wear the uniforms of my forefathers. I always enjoy it.

1pose.jpg

This is at Gen. Lyon Cemetery, named after the first Union general killed in the Civil War. Yes, he is buried here. This is right near my home.

side.jpg

I normally play the lead and the echo. Not many live taps players around anymore.

me_seansmile.jpg

Me and my buddy who just joined USAF ROTC. I'm proud of him.

pose1.jpg

Not bad.

portlookaway.jpg

Trying to do a portrait shot like Chet...haha I lost the hair flow after the rain.

Here's Chet:

a.jpg

h.jpg

Lot's of pics...I know...

Rob

Captainofthe7th
So, are you going to continue the tradition and wear those blues for real?

I wanted to do ROTC through college, but that didn't happen...now that I am halfway through I realize that it would have been very difficult to do that and my major. My next opportunity will be after I graduate... I haven't decided on blue or green yet.

Rob