Audie Murphy uniforum an medals

Raidercollector

Raidercollector

I was at fort benning a month ago,And I stop in the museum on the base and they have Audie's un forum in a glass case with his MOH. I thought I would share the pictures I took. I think if any one gets to Fort Benning be sure to see there museum. Its awesome. Lots of medals and uniforms & guns

Nick

post-421-1192558157.jpg

This is a nice tribute to Murphy, though the look of the uniform and insignia lead me to believe that this is not Murphy's actual uniform, but rather a tribute to him in a uniform decked out as his might have looked.

The ribbons and insignia look to be modern as does the MOH with the large, hard pad. It is also interesting that there are no foreign awards included in the ribbon group.

Allan

I'm at the benning infantry museum at least once a month. It is NOT Audie Murphy's Uniform and effects in that case. However they do have some of his effects including ribbons and one of his caps in another part of the same museum:

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

This is a bit of a change. Years ago all the National Infantry Museum had a small Medal of Honor gallery with a few personal items belonging to Audie Murphy including a civilian pistol on a plaque that he had given someone as a gift. Kevin