42 Packard Staff Car Help

VAWARMEMORIAL

VAWARMEMORIAL

Hello all, I need all of the information I can get on 1942 Packard Clipper staff cars. Any and all information, photos, decal placement, interior, exterior, hood ornaments, you name it. The reason is we have just acquired one and want to bring it back to its former glory as a staff car. I will be posting pictures of the restoration as it happens. Hopefully when we get done with this project we will be able to drive it to all of the military car shows, parades and other functions.

Thank you,

Jesse Smith

Virginia War Memorial

You should be able to find needed Parts in HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS (monthly publication for car collectors) > they're ON-LINE, & You could place paid WANT AD. One thing You'll need (for sure) is a copy of: 1942 Packard Clipper SHOP MANUAL (will show step-by-step dis-assembly, & re-assembly for all parts of car). Don't believe they used "decals" for Star on door, but STENCIL, & spray paint; also stenciled car model & serial number on firewall of motor > left passanger side. thumbsup.gif

Jesse, get ahold of Rich. IIRC, isn't there a Packard (or if not, a smilar one) on display at the museum. BY the way, welcome to forum.

(Still working on that MP44 for you guys...hang in there)

VAWARMEMORIAL

Hey bill, thanks for the welcome, I am going to email Rich and try to get a hold of Adrian as well. We are taking our little project to get a mechanical evaluation on the 29th. Hopefully it will just need seals and rubber......... here is a picture off my camera phone ....... I will have better ones soon

post-1252-1192711304.jpg