Need help identifying squadron patch

Guest bocce1

Hello. Could anyone please help me identify this patch. I picked it up at the MAX show in Pittsburgh. With it was a pair of navy aircrew wings. The seller informed me that he acquired the patch and wings at an estate sale. There were a few people living in the house who served, so the patch and wings may not necessarily be connected. I have exhausted all of my research material. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

post-1632-1192490296.jpg

• 1 month later...
Johnny Signor
Hello. Could anyone please help me identify this patch. I picked it up at the MAX show in Pittsburgh. With it was a pair of navy aircrew wings. The seller informed me that he acquired the patch and wings at an estate sale. There were a few people living in the house who served, so the patch and wings may not necessarily be connected. I have exhausted all of my research material. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello I have had good luck with this guy he's good at it give him a try he works for Tailhook magazine in the emblem research area "Doug Sigfried" 1-800-322-4665 Mon,Wed,or Thur only good luck,By the way I make leather unit patches you have a cool one let me know if you get the ID. [email protected] Johnny Signor (321) 724-1246NOON-11PM EASTERN Weekdays.

• 4 months later...

Did you ever get an id on this patch? Thanks.

• 4 years later...
Patchcollector

Hmm,if it has gone this long without being ID'd,you may want to think in other directions,including the possibility that it is not a military unit patch.I'm wondering if it is'nt an old Motorcycle club patch perhaps?

Johnny Signor

Not exactly true, just because it hasn't been ID'd doesn't cross it off being military, many an "Obscure" patch has been ID'd , some just take longer than others

Patchcollector

Not exactly true, just because it hasn't been ID'd doesn't cross it off being military, many an "Obscure" patch has been ID'd , some just take longer than others

I agree 100% Johnny.I was not saying to cross it off the military list,I merely said that perhaps other possibilities should also be explored.