REMEMBERANCE DAY IN MY LOCAL TOWN IN IRELAND!

Hey Guys.

Tought i would share with you some pictures i took today as we had a local Rememberance day here in my local small Town

and we had a Full Military Wreath Laying Ceremony in Remeberance of all those Irish/ Americans who Served in all Wars

Dedicated Espically to the U.S Armed Forces & the British Forces in our Local Peace Park with a Pipe Band here in the West Coast of Ireland

of Irish men locally that got Killed In Action while on active service with the U.S Army i hope you all enjoy i really had an Excellent day talked to a

lot of local men that served in the Vietnam War really enjoyed talking to them True War Heros what an Honour it really was for me as it

turned out a few of them was in the 6th & 7th Cavalry so i fitted right in as i told them i also did serve in an Armored Division In the

Irish Defence Forces and so they were very happy to hear that :) .

Comments welcome guys hope you enjoy :thumbsup:

Best Regards

Tomás.

post-11464-1306682105.jpg

Jack's Son

Looks like it was a very special day. :thumbsup:

Are the men you are pictured with American Vets who were visiting, or are they repatriated to Ireland, or Irishmen who decided to serve in the US Army ?

Looks like it was a very special day. :thumbsup:

Are the men you are pictured with American Vets who were visiting, or are they repatriated to Ireland, or Irishmen who decided to serve in the US Army ?

Hey JS, It sure was a very Special Day over here on this side of the pond Today! :thumbsup:

That is Confirmitive all American some Veterans travelled from the United States and some are currently living locally around here.

And also there was a Guest Speaker Gerry Quinn Irish born locally here now living in the United States that also Travelled

from Cleveland Ohio on behalf of the Irish Mayo Society.

Jack's Son
That is Confirmitive all American some Veterans travelled from the United States and some are currently living locally around here.

....... :bravo:

Any of this near BALLYHAUNIS ?

Its around 35 Minutes drive from Ballyhaunis let me know are you far from there Sir ? ?

Remember Bob Gallagher is Originaly from Ballyhaunis who Served in the USMC recieved the Medal Of Honour

for Extreme Breavery Heroism During the Vietnam War saved the lives of Three fellow Soldiers in Da Nang!

• 2 weeks later...
My mother's poeple were from Ballyhaunis -- LYONS. A Ballyhaunis man told me they "have more Lyons than sheep" in that area.

Your probaly 100% right there im not sure for sure as im not from that location

its a good bit away from me. but nice to know you are of Irish Decent over there on state side. :thumbsup:

Mine came from County Cork and County Mayo. Robert

Hey Robert, Its good to know that your Family are also from Ireland :thumbsup:

seems that you mention Co.Mayo that is where i am from on the West Coast sure is nice to know.

Tomás.