WWII Double Buckle Boots Womens??

OD MAN

I have had these for a while now, just noticed the markings in them. "8 D W" Does the W in a box mean womens? I saw another pair online with an M in a box -mans?

Mine is on top:

rk2e7b.jpg

Thanks

Justin

I've seen mens'/womens' buckle boots displayed side by side. The mens' have a rounded toe whereas the women's are slightly more "pointed", if that makes sense? When together like that the difference between them is obvious, irrespective of the size, ie a small sized mans' boot would still have a more rounded profile. That said, I've never noticed the "M" and "W" stamps. An interesting question!

Ian :think:

I've seen mens'/womens' buckle boots displayed side by side. The mens' have a rounded toe whereas the women's are slightly more "pointed", if that makes sense? When together like that the difference between them is obvious, irrespective of the size, ie a small sized mans' boot would still have a more rounded profile. That said, I've never noticed the "M" and "W" stamps. An interesting question!

Ian :think:

HI Ian,

I found some women's boots online and they do they a very distinct shape. Do you perhaps have some boots you can look at and see if it has similar stamps?

Thanks for the help

Justin

Johan Willaert

Just checked a random pair of both Men's and Women's DB boots from my collection...

Men's have HT and Women's have KF marking in the box...

IMO they're Inspector's marks...

I have had these for a while now, just noticed the markings in them. "8 D W" Does the W in a box mean womens? I saw another pair online with an M in a box -mans?

Mine is on top:

rk2e7b.jpg

Thanks

Justin

I do not believe the letter in the box stands for men or women. The latest pair of two buckles I just picked up have "HK" in the box. Inspectors stamp?

Also a quick ID for womens footwear is most I have seen have a white felt backing on the tongue.

Ray

HI Ian,

I found some women's boots online and they do they a very distinct shape. Do you perhaps have some boots you can look at and see if it has similar stamps?

Thanks for the help

Justin

Justin...my buckle boots are stamped "GW". As has already been suggested, probably the inspector's initials?

Ian

• 2 months later...