Civil War belt buckle question.

M24 Chaffee

Hello,

I collect WWII articles but I would like to add a small item from the civil war to my collection. I thought that an enlisted man's, US marked, oval brass belt buckle would be cool. What would be a price range for something like this? I saw one going for around $180.

I appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Frank

6th marine
Hello,

I collect WWII articles but I would like to add a small item from the civil war to my collection. I thought that an enlisted man's, US marked, oval brass belt buckle would be cool. What would be a price range for something like this? I saw one going for around $180.

I appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Frank

There are alot of fakes out there so be careful. It would be best to buy a dug buckle to make sure it is a real one. They start about $250.00 and go up.

M24 Chaffee
There are alot of fakes out there so be careful. It would be best to buy a dug buckle to make sure it is a real one. They start about $250.00 and go up.

Thanks for you reply 6th marine. I just posted photos of a buckle. If you have a chance please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Frank

ron norman
Hello,

I appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Frank

Best advise I can give you is to go to DAVE TAYLOR (CW Dealer) and purchase one from him. There are two basic varities, the puppy Paw and the later Arrow type. Dave is HONEST, KNOWLEDGEABLE and VERY Fair. You can not go wrong with him. Use my name if you wish. Below is an access html for him.

Ron Norman

http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/civilwarantiq...2011webcat.html