Medal Of Honor

lothrop

Jack's Son

Every time this topic is "Re-threaded"(Now, that's a word!), I always find a few new members commenting, and a bit more new information. A least one good person has been screwed because of this topic, and we all should be careful to keep thoughts to ourselves.

The FBI is selective, and only wastes its time and resources on easy prey. Let's not help. :thumbsup:

4STARCHRIS

Just let me had as well, the pictures I posted of the items on the thread are NOT in my possession anymore.

Dont come to my house and expect to find them. LOL but true.

4starchris :w00t: :lol: :think: :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

Every time this topic is "Re-threaded"(Now, that's a word!), I always find a few new members commenting, and a bit more new information. A least one good person has been screwed because of this topic, and we all should be careful to keep thoughts to ourselves.

The FBI is selective, and only wastes its time and resources on easy prey. Let's not help. :thumbsup:

That's why I'll never post pictures of mine!!

LuftStalg1

It’s pretty messed up! I helped a quadriplegic SF buddy of mine set up displays for the MOH society convention in Albuquerque back in the mid 1990’s when things were good. He actually had several originals given to him by some of the awardees / families from our area (NM). Once all this came down he got singled out by the FBI and they gave him a hard time. Many of the MOH guys came to his rescue so he got all his stuff back. Unfortunately the FBI required him keep giving them updates on the location of everything and it finally got to be too much of a hassle for him so he sent it all to the MOH society! :thumbdown:

Jack's Son
Unfortunately the FBI required him keep giving them updates on the location of everything and it finally got to be too much of a hassle for him so he sent it all to the MOH society! :thumbdown:

A$$ holes!!

I would have sent them a form letter..........postage due! :P

Unknown Soldier

Some time back when, it was stated that non US-Dealers would "pay the piper" so to speak if they ever set foot in the US. Well, that fairy tale was shot down moons ago. European Dealers (present or ex) like Detlev Niemann, Kai Winkler and Barry Turk have sold MoH's for years. They make frequent trips across the border into the US to attend various events like the SOS. I don't recollect they've been arrested and thrown in jail. They are hardly what you would classify as "unknowns" or small time dealers by any means. Unlike the ordinary Joe Schmuck that has a MoH in his collection (out of country that is).

It all comes down to this: HONOR. It's sad that some families of MoH receipients do not care about the MoH's. As has been stated, there are often legitimate reasons for this. It is a shame that collectors who wish to honor these folks by the items that represent them so others may know of the receipient's honor, courage, and committment, are treated like criminals.

carbinephalen

Yikes...Funny, I just got TWO friend requests from people with the names "F.M.O.H.S.A.D.T" and "MOH Hunter". They both state that they live in Washington, and I've seen them viewing every MOH thread on here. You don't think that name is an acronym for "Federal Medal of Honor Seize and Destroy Team" do you? :unsure:

Members...we've been infiltrated!! :fear:

(Just Kidding)

CNY Militaria
So does that same logic apply to MOH ribbons on uniforms? Some members have posted uniforms with a MOH ribbon on them on the forum, as given by the owner or found years ago, or from whatever source--are those subject to confiscation too? Interesting discussion!

Still wondering if anyone has any experience with this question I posed?

Still wondering if anyone has any experience with this question I posed?

Not sure if anyone would volunteer the fact that they have them in their collection... :pinch:

Javelin4life

I think this may have been said earlier in the thread, but I have to give Britain credit where credit's due: I feel that by them allowing people to have the Victoria Cross in their collections, whether real or copy, it adds both legend and respect to the actual thing; If you want to have the real one, you pay a high price to obtain a symbol of heroism. Just my 2 cents

I guess my post kinda branched off from what I was hoping. I didn't realize how touchy an issue the MOH was. It's still really sad to me. I certainly didn't want to beat a dead horse on the issue either.

It all comes down to this: HONOR. It's sad that some families of MoH receipients do not care about the MoH's. As has been stated, there are often legitimate reasons for this. It is a shame that collectors who wish to honor these folks by the items that represent them so others may know of the receipient's honor, courage, and committment, are treated like criminals.

True, I guess, that the medal doesn't mean all that much to some recipients. I heard some years ago from an acquaintence who lived near Pappy Boyington that he (Boyington) sold his "original" MoH several times at gun and other shows in his later years.....but that's another story.

I have heard about the FBI going after the actual medals in collections, what about the ribbon bar? Anyone have photos of MOH uniforms they own/have seen over the years that they would care to post?

I have no recollection of owning, or ever having owned, any such contraband item or items.

Jack's Son
Gosh. Is it now illegal to even say the "M(oH)" word? :rolleyes:

Welcome to a free society!..... NO DISRESPECT to our 'founding fathers' ! :crying:

Gosh. Is it now illegal to even say the "M(oH)" word? :rolleyes:

Watch out...the forum is filled with "eyes"... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

First the MOH ... next all valor medals ... then your guns. "All in respect for our fallen heroes" of course. Thank you Democrat Senator Conrad and Democrat Congressman Salazar... what is next on your bucket list? Why Bush signed this law I'll never know.

Since they have a law where they can arrest insane people for claiming to be MOH recipients (and every honest American who owns one), can we have a law where they can arrest so-called sane congressmen for claiming they are patriotic Americans doing this for the good of the people?