Medal Of Honor

lothrop

I have watched quite a few clips on the TV of President Obama presenting Medals of Honor to recipients in a room of the White house'.. If you have seen this you will notice that on the wall is a MOH in a frame with ribbon bar !. How come the Pres is allowed to have a MOH and no one else.. From a confused Canadian

I have watched quite a few clips on the TV of President Obama presenting Medals of Honor to recipients in a room of the White house'.. If you have seen this you will notice that on the wall is a MOH in a frame with ribbon bar !. How come the Pres is allowed to have a MOH and no one else.. From a confused Canadian

I looked at some videos and have not seen the frame you mention. However, the President does not have a MOH. If there is one in a frame, it is used as a display in a room in the White House where the room is used for the awarding of the medal. It has nothing to do with the president or anyone having a MOH.

....Kat

The medal you are referring to is the Medal awarded to President Theodore Roosevelt in 2001 for leading the charge at San Juan Hill as a LTC of volunteers commanding the 1st US Volunteer Calvalry Regiment.

The medal along with The President's , 1906 Nobel Peace Prize are displayed in the "Roosevelt Room" in the White House.

Mike

The medal you are referring to is the Medal awarded to President Theodore Roosevelt in 2001 for leading the charge at San Juan Hill as a LTC of volunteers commanding the 1st US Volunteer Cavalry Regiment.

The medal along with The President's , 1906 Nobel Peace Prize are displayed in the "Roosevelt Room" in the White House.

Mike

Very interesting. I did not know that. Thanks for your answer....Kat

Very interesting. I did not know that. Thanks for your answer....Kat

Thanks also from Brian also do you not mean 1901

TR was awarded the Nobel on Dec 10, 1905, for his work in helping to end the Russo-Japanese War, it was picked up by our Ambassador as the President was unavailable. TR gave his acceptance speech in 1910 when he was in Europe. The MOH was actually awarded by Clinton on 16 January 2001after a relook by the Awards Board.

The other day, a worker saw one of the (I assume) Chinese coies of a MoH on ePay and asked what the feds would do if you bought one. I replied that I assukmed they'd take it from you if they found you with it, especially as it's a copy. The link he found even said they'd list it as something else on the customs and that a US buyer would get it guaranteed. I couldn't believe the seller had what seemed to be every variant of the medal they ever made, as a repro.

But did I give him the correct info? the Feds would take it if they knew you had it, right?