TL-29 electrician knives

Gregory

Hello

I hope that in practice we observe that there were two standards of length for the TL-29s folders -- 3 1/2in and 3 3/4in. I mean folded configuration and a body lenght. According to my knowledge the shorter TL-29s were manufactured by the PAL, Ulster, Remington and Robeson whereas the longer ones by Camillus and Kutmaster. I am sure this information is incomplete so feel free to add your comments and examples of shorter and longer TL-29s. I would say that the shorter TL-29s fit much better to the pocket of CS-34 pouch.

I am showing the examples of 1930s-1940s military TL-29s as well as one longer (3 3/4in) civvie Kutmaster I bought in CS-34 pouch some time ago.

Best regards

Greg

post-75-1167924628.jpg

post-75-1167924646.jpg

• 5 years later...

I don't know anything about the old ones, but I had one in my pocket for 40-years and the TL-29 wore off. The best pocket knife ever, used it to fix all sorts of stuff in a pinch. I retired it and got a Wenger Swiss Army Knife and bent the blade on a Phillips screw head within a couple weeks.

Very nice knives. I have a Kutmaster TL-29 sitting on my desk in an envelope (I disassembled it). I bought it at an antiques store on Cape Cod and every thing is sound. The only issues were that it was all grimy and the scales were replaced at some point (one is some kind of wood, the other some kind of resin that was cast on, looked rather ugly). Does anyone know somebody I can send it to to get it reassembled and restored to its original appearance?

I had one in my pocket for 40-years and the TL-29 wore off. The best pocket knife ever, used it to fix all sorts of stuff in a pinch.

But of course! :thumbsup:

Here is my "best WWII friend" (long Camillus) hanging on my neck during my long-distance forest trips with my labrador retriever. The knife has WWII parachute cord attached.

Best regards :)

Gregory

post-75-1348934170.jpg

post-75-1348934180.jpg