sizes again

korea drab

As i asked before i need your help!

I can´t put the uniforms on when buying on internet.I am guided by size chart or tags.

If i buy a more modern piece my size would be LARGE(jackets) or LARGE LONG(pants).

So for army stuff from ww2 this would mean 44-46 chest. but pants?

I have seen also 14 or 15 shirts marked by seller as biggies!

Could someone help here?

Thanks

KH

A size 14 or 15 shirt is by no means large. They start at size 13 and no one over the age of 8 can wear it. Shirts are sized by the circumference of the neck in inches, if you neck measures 16 inches around you wear a size 16. For long sleeve shirts you will see something like 16 X 32 the 32 is the lengh of the sleeve in inches. If you need a size 46 coat I am sure you will need at least a size 16 shirt and probably a size 17. Both are very hard to find as most of the uniforms were made for 18 year old kids in good shape, plus people were smaller then. Also the reenactors have gobbled up all the large sizes.

craig_pickrall

The size chart you show is for current sizes. That siziing method started in the early 1950's. The size chart for WW2 era is different.

KH,

Unfortunately you will have great difficulty finding original ww2 uniforms to fit your size. Very few men were the size of John Wayne in that time.

The average inductee during ww2 wore a size 36 coat and weighed 135 pounds!

CB

I know

On a british forum they told me gently "monster" sizes for army period uniforms.Would be a reason for not being called to duty,hahahaha.

The bigest M-43 liner i found up today is a regular 42 size......

Still looking for.

KH