I have been collecting EGAs and covers since I retired from the reserves in 1990. Unfortunately I have not gained a great deal of expertise in the process. I am sure that some of my collection consists of replicas that were sold as the real deal. I have often bemoaned the lack of a good reference work and have even at times toyed with the idea of producing one. However my limited ability to discern real from fake as well as a lack of the technical information has convinced me to leave that project to someone better equipped.

What I have done is to put together a powerpoint presentation showing as best I have been able to determine, a chronological history of the early insignia (pre 1868) and the EGA major variations. It is a work in progress with many gaps and I am sure some errors which I hope I can correct given time and a good reference to draw on. Like many others on this forum, I look forward o being able to purchase your book.

another retired aviator

Looking forward to the book!

It would great to have a compiled makers list in the back book on where they were located and at what time periode they were in business.

Good Luck!

Leonardo

I collect items from The Battle of Iwo Jima (1945).

Top Iwo Jima Items I'm Looking For:

1) IDed 5th MarDiv Corpsman Jumper or Forest Green Coat.

2) IDed Coast Guard Navy Jumper

3) IDed CB's Sea Bee's Navy Jumper

4) IDed 147th Infantry Regiment Army Service Coat

5) IDed 32nd ID Army Service Coat (Occupation Kyushu with 5th MarDiv).

I am always looking for named and dated WWII USMC Forest Green wool alpha jackets/coats from the 5th Marine Division or other units who participated in the battle.

My Blog "Marines In Forest Green" http://marinesinfore...n.blogspot.com/

• 1 month later...

Toying with layout ideas. Here are some pages. Think I am going to self-publish. Want it to be color and show front, back, and detail shots of Corps devices. Also, where able, show them in wear.

S/F,

Mike

BOOK2.jpg

Mike Manifor
Buying and selling Military Antiques. Specializing in hat and collar insignia (EGAs) of the USMC.
Top dollar paid.
info@eagleglobeandanchor.com
My website:www.eagleglobeandanchor.com

Visit my EGA reference section: http://www.eagleglobeandanchor.com/EGA_Reference_Section.html

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Mike,

Very Nice. Excellent Format that will help both Uniform collectors wit acquiring proper Emblems and EGA (Corps device) collectors with obtaining original pieces.

S/F

John

Wanted: USMC Helicopter related items

Collector of Marine Corps Helicopter / Rotary aviation items from the late 1940s to present

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Hey Mike! Looking good..........Let me know if you'd like any help. Any current news on Fred's work?

S/F.......Bob

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Hey Mike,

The layout looks fantastic, I'd give it a hearty thumbs up!

Keep up the great work and keep us up to speed of developments :thumbsup:

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.