WWII 506th Parachute Infantry Regimental Officer's Silver Cup

warpath

Original WWII 506th Parachute Infantry Regimental Officer's Silver Cup...These cups were made for the officers serving in the 506th during the occupation of Germany at the end of the war...The cup is engraved 1st Lieutenant G. L. Fortier and GERMANY at the base rim...hallmarked on the bottom A. KLAMMER INNSBRUCK 900.

I am always interested in acquiring examples of these cups...Please contact me if you have or know of any for sale.[/b]

post-3653-1305480472.jpg

Original WWII 506th Parachute Infantry Regimental Officer's Silver Cup...These cups were made for the officers serving in the 506th during the occupation of Germany at the end of the war...The cup is engraved 1st Lieutenant G. L. Fortier and GERMANY at the base rim...hallmarked on the bottom A. KLAMMER INNSBRUCK 900.

I am always interested in acquiring examples of these cups...Please contact me if you have or know of any for sale.

post-3653-1305480497.jpg

I am always interested in acquiring examples of these cups...Please contact me if you have or know of any for sale.

post-3653-1305480531.jpg

Thats an Outstanding Piece you have got there belonging to an Officer

1st Lt of the 506th P.I.R You don't get much better than that.. Very Nice :thumbsup:

sgtdorango

Wow!...i just noticed thats his bracelet and wings too!?....have you been able to find any history on the Lt?...was he in the 506th through the whole war or a late war replacement etc...?.....thanks....mike :thumbsup:

Wow!...i just noticed thats his bracelet and wings too!?....have you been able to find any history on the Lt?...was he in the 506th through the whole war or a late war replacement etc...?.....thanks....mike :thumbsup:

He served in 506 PIR Regimental HQ and was a friend of mine many years ago before he passed away. Ed

• 5 years later...

C. Carwood Lipton 506th PIR Silver Chalice

If anyone has one of these cups I would like to see photos and record the inscription of the officer it was given to...I am always seeking more to add to my collection...All inquiries and transactions are completely confidential...Finders fees paid.

Email or call me if you know of one either for sale or one that I can obtain photos and details of its recipient.

Thanks. Ed

post-3653-0-92031500-1490572141.jpg

I noticed something about these chalices that I was wondering if anyone else was curious about. The chalices were made in Austria out of 900 silver post war using WW2 British made US paratrooper wings. I wonder why they ended up using a WW2 era British made US paratrooper wing in Austria. To my knowledge these British made wings were not made of silver and the few that have surfaced marked silver are suspect as these wings are heavily reproduced. The only thing I can think of is that the manufacture was originally provided with a British made US paratrooper wing by a member of the 506th PIR who originally ordered these chalices. The Austrian company that made these chalices then simply copied what was provided in precious metals.

• 1 year later...

If anyone has one of these cups I would like to see photos and record the inscription of the officer it was given to...I am always seeking more to add to my collection...All inquiries and transactions are completely confidential...Finders fees paid.

Email or call me if you know of one either for sale or one that I can obtain photos and details of its recipient.

Thanks. Ed

Glidertrooper

Hi Ed, did you see the one that sold on eBay a few months ago marked to Lt. Robert E Rutan, A Co, 2 Plt, 506 PIR?

Cheers......John

• 10 months later...

Does anyone here on the forum own one of the other chalice types, circled here?

Interested in the story on that chalice. That's Göring's coat of arms.

I briefly had a silver egg holder that was gifted to his secretary and a book cover, using the same shields. They were sold to a well known dealer.

post-29885-0-71177300-1576966519.jpg

post-29885-0-53486100-1576966526.jpg