The most poignant scene.

patches

Heres one to add to the list

"We Were Soldiers" When Lt. Colonel Moore is speaking to Joe Galloway after the reporters show up when Joe tells the LtCol "I don't know how to tell this story" which Moore replies "You have to Joe. Tell them how my troopers died" I was on the verge during that scene.

The two that have always gotten me:

BOB: When the German Commander talks to his Soldiers before they formally surrender at the end of the war.

We Were Soldiers: The last scene when Sometime in the 80's LTG Moore walks up to the Vietnam Wall and looks up at the names of all his troopers lost in the battle many years before.

Both very good examples, and ones I would probably pick for myself as well.

JD

• 2 weeks later...
Trooper B.A.R
Sgt. Boghots

This documentary you are trying to develop wil be eargerly awaited by many, many people...

.I really do hope you get this done...

I applaud the effort of anyone who cares enough to try to clarify or amplify the work done by previous documentary's and shed light on their forgiveable omissions and inaccuracies :-)

But please put our mutual accuracy concerns in context; the intended viewer circa 1946 - 1972 was not we US MILITARIA forum members. Who by virtue of our hobby, have declared ourselves qualified to point out the mistakes of misplaced footage and narrative descriptions. If you want to make a redox of past documentary's and want it to sell, then you must offer HISTORICAL differences or revelations too. WW2 period documentaries don't offer a lot of room for historical correction. Only correction for period film editing . . .

The production expense of offering technical vs. historical corrections will sell likely NOT commercially sell enough to cheap (like me) collectors & dealers, to make a profit for you, the producer. It's one time showing will be copied enough on YouTube to make it readily available at no cost (or royalties to you) to those who appreciate the technical & collector orientated corrections you've accomplished.

But that won't keep us from watching it for nothing !!

Unless you're last name is Gates, don't risk your personal fortune; don't do it just for the satisfaction of being right about the mis-identyfied footage being of "Marines on Tarawa, vs. Army on Okinawa". In the context of when they were done, raw Combat Cameraman footage accurately depicted sacrifice and risk on the part of all those shownin action against the enemy during WW2.

With respect & best regards,

Paul in Oregon

Sgt. Boghots

This documentary you are trying to develop wil be eargerly awaited by many, many people...

.I really do hope you get this done...

I applaud the effort of anyone who cares enough to try to clarify or amplify the work done by previous documentary's and shed light on their forgiveable omissions and inaccuracies :-)

But please put our mutual accuracy concerns in context; the intended viewer circa 1946 - 1972 was not we US MILITARIA forum members. Who by virtue of our hobby, have declared ourselves qualified to point out the mistakes of misplaced footage and narrative descriptions. If you want to make a redox of past documentary's and want it to sell, then you must offer HISTORICAL differences or revelations too. WW2 period documentaries don't offer a lot of room for historical correction. Only correction for period film editing . . .

The production expense of offering technical vs. historical corrections will sell likely NOT commercially sell enough to cheap (like me) collectors & dealers, to make a profit for you, the producer. It's one time showing will be copied enough on YouTube to make it readily available at no cost (or royalties to you) to those who appreciate the technical & collector orientated corrections you've accomplished.

But that won't keep us from watching it for nothing !!

Unless you're last name is Gates, don't risk your personal fortune; don't do it just for the satisfaction of being right about the mis-identyfied footage being of "Marines on Tarawa, vs. Army on Okinawa". In the context of when they were done, raw Combat Cameraman footage accurately depicted sacrifice and risk on the part of all those shownin action against the enemy during WW2.

With respect & best regards,

Paul in Oregon

• 3 months later...

In SPR when Gen. George C. Marshall reads the letter from Abraham Lincoln to Mrs.Bixby of Boston, Mass. "Dear Madam: I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant-General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle. I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom. Yours very sincerely and respectfully, Abraham Lincoln."

Semper Fi.

Manny