ACU Cold Weather Coat made with woodland camo material?

Leatherwringer

Leatherwringer

I picked this jacket up at the Toledo,OH militaria show a few weeks ago....and

while hanging it up yesterday...caught a flash of woodland camo!!

thought my mind was playing tricks on me...but sure enough.....the lower pockets

are made of woodland camo material........has anyone else seen this before?

e1b3aa8a.jpg

e880096c.jpg

01f9773a.jpg

Looks like they had some leftover material when they started the ACU contract.

My thoughts exactly.

Leatherwringer

I agree ...and a thought just hit me....I wonder if that is allowed to happen under a military contract?

That's not uncommon at all. I think my ACU M65 has woodland interior as well. Also I've seen marpat with both desert and woodland pockets or 6 color desert trousers with 3 color interior for example.

Leatherwringer
That's not uncommon at all. I think my ACU M65 has woodland interior as well. Also I've seen marpat with both desert and woodland pockets or 6 color desert trousers with 3 color interior for example.

thanks for the info.....handshake.gif

I agree ...and a thought just hit me....I wonder if that is allowed to happen under a military contract?

Out of sight, out of mind. Don't forget you're talking about a government contract.

hawkdriver

Sure it is, look at all the transitional equipment during WWII. Someone posted a M-1952 flack vest with two different colors of nylon material. It's not a fashion show for the military, so I doubt that the government really cares as long as it's not glaring, I think they would balk if the outside pockets were made of woodland camo.