Control Sticks

Stillwell

This may be an odd request, but does anyone know where one might find a surplus control stick?

I'm specifically looking for one from an A-10 and an F-111 (for a friend)

With that said, an not to make this a worthless post

Anybody have any aircraft controls that they would like to share?

itshistory
This may be an odd request, but does anyone know where one might find a surplus control stick?

I don't think the grip for an A-10 is any different than the standard B-8 style grip. There has been an F-111 stick/grip on Ebay in the aviation section of Ebay Motors.

IH

Cobrahistorian

Nope, they're different. Here's an A-10A Cockpit:

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/AWA1...ockpit%2007.jpg

And an F-111:

http://www.militaryfactory.com/imageviewer...11-aardvark.jpg

As for sources, I'd say try garciaaviation.com

There are definitely a lot of sources out there for aircraft parts, but ebay would probably be your easiest.

Thanks for the help guys,

It looks like the A-10 stick is a B-8, so I'm good there

The F-111 stick is different,

I contacted Turner's military surplus (who has an F-111 for sale out front) but there's no cockpit innards

AMARC says they can't give out parts

There's a guy who remakes F-111 cockpits to sell to museums, and he said he had a few extra, but he doesn't want to sell them

I'll have to keep looking on ebay

I'm trying to find the stick for a good friend of mine, as she absolutely loves F-111s

northcoastaero

The following sources may have control sticks:

magnum-aero.com

Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas, TX

ebay.com

flighthelmet.com

Having a part number for the stick/grip could help. There are many military surplus locaters online.

• 1 year later...
A-10Tinman

How ironic… I just happen to have a perfect condition A-10A stick grip. It was a parting gift from my days on the A-10 demo team when our demo aircraft went to the boneyard. I’ve actually been going through my AF “stuff” lately preparing to downsize for final retirement. Been thinking about putting it on eBay, along with my flight helmet and several flight instruments I’ve collected over the years.

Let me know if you’re interested…

post-117193-0-82597600-1367687349.jpg

Garandomatic

Saw a picture of a guy's '32 Ford once that had a P-51 stick as its shifter. Coolest thing I ever saw.

northcoastaero

I believe later versions of the A-10 such as the A-10C use a stick grip similar to the one in the later F-16 variants?

• 5 months later...

I've been searching for a B8 at an affordable cost. I have a couple early grips. One I used on a sports car for a while and had my driving lights hooked up to one of the buttons. When I find one, it is usually functional and several hundred dollars. too much for a display item.

• 2 months later...

Can't speak for the A-10 or F-111 but they all look the same to me. This is the head of the control stick in my UH-1C gunship, crew chief removed it and gave it to me after we got shot down near Tay Ninh in 1968. The aircraft was pretty much a basket case so wasn't missed.

Terry

post-6022-0-86382500-1390138689.jpg

post-6022-0-48583000-1390138727.jpg

• 7 months later...

My Dad, a fighter pilot, once rebuilt our bass boat with an F-105 stick and throttle mounted at the seat in the very front of the boat. Of course the boat was also massively overpowered. Ot probably scared the heck out of the guy he eventually sold it to. I have started looking for a B-8 stick and F-105 throttle quadrant to mount in a corvair pickup.

• 3 years later...

Hello, you have an nice original Stick.

Can you help me ??.

in my aviation collection, I have an old and original control grip Stick. He is apparently from a Lockheed P / F-80 Shooting Star ???. Of first F- 104 ?????. There is an C 4 and H D A M are engraved on the original stick. What does that mean ?. The manufacturer is apparently after Logo Guardian Electronic. The striking are rounded buttons and big green trim buttom. I think the stick, is an first Control Stick of the 1950s .Who has information for me? Thank you

post-164996-0-88307300-1513935406.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I found this at a shop that makes brake lines. Back in the 60's this guys dad sold aircraft parts. In the back I found a shelf that had several of these. All but this had the grip rest on the side.

post-169522-0-98567500-1516256674_thumb.jpg

post-169522-0-82994900-1516256814_thumb.jpg

post-169522-0-33526000-1516256839_thumb.jpg