Repro USMC uniforms from THE PACIFIC

Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

At the West Coast Militaria Show in Pomona today I filmed a short video with the folks from Eastern Costume which is still selling Marine Corps uniforms used in the HBO series The Pacific. They have HBT's in very large sizes and still have some of the camos in smaller sizes. My quick and dirty ebay is on the Forum's You Tube channel at

PvtTamura

If I had more money, I would have grabbed a set or two, I think I finally will next show. Good meeting you there FS.

Bob Hudson
If I had more money, I would have grabbed a set or two, I think I finally will next show. Good meeting you there FS.

Boy I was tempted: those things look good, like they've been there.

Corpsmancollector

Thanks for posting Forum Support, great video! I picked up a couple of uniforms when the series came out, both greens and camos. What were the prices like?

Will

Here are a few of the racks of uniforms from “The Pacific” at the Prop Store when I visited in March last year

P1100541.jpg

P1100546.jpg

P1100544.jpg

You could also have picked up a nice Roman Legionaries uniform from “Centurion” ;)

P1100542.jpg

P1100543.jpg

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 weeks later...
Shawn Sturgill
Here are a few of the racks of uniforms from “The Pacific” at the Prop Store when I visited in March last year

P1100541.jpg

P1100546.jpg

P1100544.jpg

You could also have picked up a nice Roman Legionaries uniform from “Centurion” ;)

P1100542.jpg

P1100543.jpg

Cheers

Martyn

:w00t:

Bill in VA
Crap, wish they were selling on the east coast also

Not that it matters now, but they had 'em for sale in Louisville, KY, at the Show of Shows back in February.

Chief Bast

Lol, nice to see a "before" pic of my Sgt Stone camo uniform hanging on the Propstore rack. Now it's hanging in my closet rack... ;)

HoovieDude

Pretty neat. I've a set of fatigues and boondockers from the Flags of our Fathers, and Windtalkers that I've been trying to sell for awhile now with no luck.

BTW, I really like the piece from the 5th Element in the background in the shot!! Now that would be cool to have.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if any of this stuff is still available? I emailed Eastern Costume over a month ago and never received a response one way or the other. Any other sources besides besides Eastern Costume have piles of this stuff and selling it for reasonable prices and not at "movie memorabilia" prices"?

Corpsmancollector

Great photos, Martyn. The guys at the Prop Store are great, I bought both my sets from them last year.

Can you simply 'walk in' to their premises and have a look around?

Will

vintageproductions
Anyone know if any of this stuff is still available? I emailed Eastern Costume over a month ago and never received a response one way or the other. Any other sources besides besides Eastern Costume have piles of this stuff and selling it for reasonable prices and not at "movie memorabilia" prices"?

[email protected]

use the above email and put Pacific Uniforms in the subject line

• 2 weeks later...
Great photos, Martyn. The guys at the Prop Store are great, I bought both my sets from them last year.

Can you simply 'walk in' to their premises and have a look around?

Will

Hi Will

Myself and a mate phoned and made an appointment, when we got there we had the run of the place, excellent time but remember we went 2 weeks before Sky started to show the series. I came away with the LEBEC's 1st set which included the repro Hawley ;)

See you in a couple of weeks

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 weeks later...
Armed 2 tha Teeth

Does anyone know what happened to the Aussie jackets they made for this series? I have been looking to buy one since before the series came out. I talked to Steve from SM Wholesale who made them for the series back in 2009 and he said that he had a few around his shop in small sizes for $250 (but considering his reputation he could have been lying).

$100 for a repro poncho? Don't real ones sell for less? Or have I not been on ebay in awhile?

Or is it just a "pay more for a repro cause you don't want to ruin your original" type deal?

Also. Do videos like this on youtube tick anyone else off?? This was a related search to Bob's video

"my collection of ww2 marine equipment and uniforms!!!" ... everything is repro... is it really a WWII collection..?

You see this a lot with kids who make the Airborne videos :rolleyes:.