"Flight ace" Ace manufacturing co.

trubia26

Hi there! so long time without any questions eh?...hahaha...well, no jokes... I would like to know (if someone is kind to tell me) what about the history of the Ace manufacturing company. I have some visor caps (from WWII, from 50,s...and later) and some garrison caps that have the stamp of "Flight ace" with that nice winged ace...but I don´t know nothing about that company! I have been searching in the web and never found nothing but sales of ebay or similar... Do you have information about the company?...when was founded...well, anything...

Thanks a lot and happy to be here again!

I believe the company is actually The Ace Manufacturing Company Inc., out of San Antonio, Texas.

Sabrejet

I believe the company is actually The Ace Manufacturing Company Inc., out of San Antonio, Texas.

Sabrejet

Thanks for your help...but I am afraid I can´t found nothing with that information...and it´s very strange, because I think that company is really popular in caps manufacturing...

Well I will search deeply...

I think they were very popular, especially with air force personnel, but they went out of business in the 1990s.

I think they were very popular, especially with air force personnel, but they went out of business in the 1990s.

Oh...I see...They "were"...so that is the reason I can´t find his page in the web...But I still think that is really strange not to find nothing of an Air Force caps manufacturer as popular as "Fligh Ace" was...

Thanks for the information Matts!

I agree it is strange no one has a history of the company on-line. The only reason I believe it was the 1990s is I remember a story where Ace filed bankruptcy and was bought out by Bancroft (I think), who has since been bought out too.

I agree it is strange no one has a history of the company on-line. The only reason I believe it was the 1990s is I remember a story where Ace filed bankruptcy and was bought out by Bancroft (I think), who has since been bought out too.

Bancroft...another great one!...I think you know a lot about this caps...Can you tell me something more?...Do you know when started to make caps the Ace Manufacturing co.??

I'm not sure when they started making caps. I have this one in my collection that is an army officer's cap so they didn't make only air force caps. It has the rear strap and a cloth covered 'donut' inside, but very little in the way of padding.

post-32676-1304609279.jpg

I'm not sure when they started making caps. I have this one in my collection that is an army officer's cap so they didn't make only air force caps. It has the rear strap and a cloth covered 'donut' inside, but very little in the way of padding.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Wooooow!...I think I felt in love!! That is a really beautiful cap!!! (I think it´s time to take some pictures of my collection...but I am afraid you will laught...my collection is nothing compare with all the material I see in here...ufff :crying: )

Thanks for the comment, it would be mint if not for a moth bite in the top.

We won't laugh, post what you want to! Remember, we all started out collecting with just one cap. It's just that for some of us that was a long, long time ago (in my case, about 1985)! I think I'm over 200 now although I honestly lost count. You may notice paper tags hanging on my caps. I started tracking where I got it, when, and how much I paid because I found myself picking up hats and saying, "Where did this come from?"

Thanks for the comment, it would be mint if not for a moth bite in the top.

We won't laugh, post what you want to! Remember, we all started out collecting with just one cap. It's just that for some of us that was a long, long time ago (in my case, about 1985)! I think I'm over 200 now although I honestly lost count. You may notice paper tags hanging on my caps. I started tracking where I got it, when, and how much I paid because I found myself picking up hats and saying, "Where did this come from?"

hahahahaha!!...yes you are right...And it´s good to track your collection...in that way you know the value of your collection (and you can contrast it with the real value today), and if someday you decide to sell one cap, you will know how much it cost to you and how much you must ask for it...And now I will post one cap of mine...Hope you will like it!

I have an Army Officer's dress blue cap from Flight Ace, one of the nicest ones I own. I also have a uniform cap for work that is a flight ace. Given it came out of the back room and its age is unknown, I can speak to the excellent quality and comfort of the cap. "They don't make 'em like they used to!" is an understatement!

I have an Army Officer's dress blue cap from Flight Ace, one of the nicest ones I own. I also have a uniform cap for work that is a flight ace. Given it came out of the back room and its age is unknown, I can speak to the excellent quality and comfort of the cap. "They don't make 'em like they used to!" is an understatement!

Yes...fortunately I know! :thumbsup: