Rare Marine first division patch Wool

Raidercollector

I'm not sure where the 1st Division staged from, but the Paramarines did stage from New Zealand. So I would assume that New Zealand patches came first. I just don't think that we know, from a collector stand point, of what a New Zealand patch looks like. They could be the wool ones, or they could have contracted with a Aussie company, who knows?, but it would be interesting to find out.

As a side note: the Aussie made 'bevo' type patches were made by a company by the name of JJ Cash, who was located in Queensland, Australia. There is also a variant wool patch that has an identified maker from Sydney.

• 1 year later...

Okay, the patch Nick posted a picture of is without a doubt Aussie made!! My question is, has anyone ever heard if the Australian's ever made the 1st Division patch in a full embroidered version? One key thing that distinguishes an Aussie made 1st Division patch from an American, is the way the stars are embroidered . . . I have NEVER found an American made patch that has replicated the Aussie manufactured patches. Here is a picture of a 1st Division patch that is on a named uniform in my collection. This is a full embroidered patch, slightly smaller than any American made patch I have found to date and the Stars are what looks like hand embroidered in the same manner/style as the Australian made patches. Can any of you guys verify or disprove the theory that the Aussie's made full embroidered 1st Marine Division patches??

Thanks for your help!!

post-7151-1249067939.jpg