Found Collection of VN Combat Art, Negatives, Contact Sheets

noexpert

One of Alpha's Tiger Scouts carrying that night's dinner for himself and his fellow Chieu Hois.

2/39th

post-14358-1310091016.jpg

nguoi tien su

Great thread ! Thank you for posting those photos and art works. :thumbsup:

About post #92, the SVN general is Le Nguyen Khang.

The "Y bridge" shown on post #100 still exists in Saigon (HCMC), although the area has changed a lot during the last 5 years.

Great thread ! Thank you for posting those photos and art works. :thumbsup:

About post #92, the SVN general is Le Nguyen Khang.

The "Y bridge" shown on post #100 still exists in Saigon (HCMC), although the area has changed a lot during the last 5 years.

Thank you for the nice comments, and thank you for the information on General Khang and the "Y" Bridge. From all I've been told the only thing about VN that I would recognize today would be the heat.

Alpha, 2/39th. Not one of my better days. For reasons unknown I had decided it would be cool to stand on the skid John Wayne style and take a picture as we came in, which I did and then jumped off. Turns out that when the pilot isn't expecting this the ship rocks - big time - and no one's happy. Also there 4 or 5 VC frozen like deer in the headlights over by the hooch we're headed for in the photo, and my little move managed to throw off the door gunner and slow everybody from getting out of the chopper just long enough to give them time to recoup and beat feet out of there. Needless to say I was pretty much regarded as lower than whale s**t for the rest of the day... :(

post-14358-1310794235.jpg

Fantastic work in every regard !!!!

The images AND the art work are stunning ........

Thanks for sharing this body of work.

owen

Fantastic work in every regard !!!!

The images AND the art work are stunning ........

Thanks for sharing this body of work.

owen

Your comments are appreciated. Dennis

With Charlie Trp, 3/5th Cav, I Corps, July 1968. Viet Nam was (and presume still is) a stunningly beautiful country, but a scene like this could be shredded in an instant.

post-14358-1310860175.jpg

RTAVR Queen's Cobra soldier taking a break in a Vietnamese temple. I wasn't going to do anything with this pic, but as I happened to notice that he's wearing a 9th Div patch on his left sleeve. It's pretty obscured by shadow unfortunately. I tried to bring it up in a crop, but the results are pretty...well, not real good. (When I've tried to bring it up more it just breaks up completely even playing with unsharp, etc)*mod.

This was not a common practice, but it was done every once and a while. The Thai's wore the Queen's Cobra patch on their right sleeve, usually in blue thread on green backing but occasionally the full color patch.

If I'd have ever guessed people would be collecting VN patches I'd have been more careful about shooting this kind of stuff. Sorry folks. :(

post-14358-1311280868.jpg

post-14358-1311280894.jpg