WW2 Army Uniform Size Question

Stinger Gunner USMC

Stinger Gunner USMC

My grandfathers uniform was lost in a house fire several years ago before he passed away. I was able to see it as a child and remember exactly what insignia was on the uniform. It was an early WW2 4 pocket blouse with the brass belt ramps in back. on his DD-214 it lists him as 5' 10" and 175lbs. I dont remember what size the uniform was and I am planning on rebuilding a uniform in memory of him, for my son to have one day. I am going to do it right. vintage thread, all orig. insignia. all I need to know is what size uniform would be appropriate for that size of soldier. I would guess about a 38 or 40 R but I would like confrimation. any other advice for my project would be welcomed

He was actually pretty large for the time. My guess would be a 40 or 41 regular would be the proper size.

Cheers

Gary

My grandfathers uniform was lost in a house fire several years ago before he passed away. I was able to see it as a child and remember exactly what insignia was on the uniform. It was an early WW2 4 pocket blouse with the brass belt ramps in back. on his DD-214 it lists him as 5' 10" and 175lbs. I dont remember what size the uniform was and I am planning on rebuilding a uniform in memory of him, for my son to have one day. I am going to do it right. vintage thread, all orig. insignia. all I need to know is what size uniform would be appropriate for that size of soldier. I would guess about a 38 or 40 R but I would like confrimation. any other advice for my project would be welcomed