Wooden TANK

PATCHRAT

I picked this up at the Canton Flea market this weekend. I bought it as a toy; or is it a training aid? It has a Patent date on the bottom that looks like May 22 1943.

post-1604-1304303817.jpg

I'd say homefront toy, especially with the lack of detail.

Given the shortage of metal during the war years, it was not uncommon to see wooden toys.

RustyCanteen
Given the shortage of metal during the war years, it was not uncommon to see wooden toys.

Or paper even.

Agreed

A toy.Lots of toys were produced out of wood and other materials during the war.I have a couple small pistols.Both of different materials.The one is a pressed saw dust material.I remeber my dad saying he had a "45" as a kid and you didnt want to leave it oustide as the neighbor kid left his out in the sand box and it rained.No more pistol.It fell apart.

OK TOY it is, it'll sit nicely by the Tank salt and pepper shakers. Thanks

Rustykamel

That's really a neat toy tank that you have there. When I saw this thread this morning, it reminded me of a wood tank that I made a couple of decades ago. I built a dozen and they were party favors for one of my kid's birthdays. The clever design isn't mine, I'm sorry to say. Hope you enjoy "Cuddles." Best wishes, Jim

post-397-1304378367.jpg

Jack's Son
OK TOY it is, it'll sit nicely by the Tank salt and pepper shakers. Thanks

WAIT!.........with a few harmless modifications, it can be a napkin holder!! :thumbsup:

That's really a neat toy tank that you have there. When I saw this thread this morning, it reminded me of a wood tank that I made a couple of decades ago. I built a dozen and they were party favors for one of my kid's birthdays. The clever design isn't mine, I'm sorry to say. Hope you enjoy "Cuddles." Best wishes, Jim

photo_wood_tank_cuddles.jpg

Ah yes, I remember the All Volunteer Army! LOL! Cute.

siege1863

Toy tank. Do not recall the maker but you can find the patent drawings on Google Patents.

post-211-1304490141.jpg

post-211-1304490177.jpg

post-211-1304490207.jpg