William Link USMC Insignia / EGAs and Company Info

usmcaviator

Great........do you know anyone stationed in Gitmo. I was there in the 90's and spent many hours standing OD and enjoyed looking at the pictures of the former commanding officers in their best dress uniforms dating back as far as there were photos taken. I mention this because in most cases their EGA's were quite visible. Maybe one of you could e-mail the command and get copies for the reference section. The uniforms alone were pieces of art and worth looking at. Additionally, the command had an historical officer who may be of help.

Semper Fi

Murray

nobody currently...but the photos at the Generals building on Lejeune are the same way...when I was on colors detail a few years back I studied them one evening

usmcaviator
Great........do you know anyone stationed in Gitmo. I was there in the 90's and spent many hours standing OD and enjoyed looking at the pictures of the former commanding officers in their best dress uniforms dating back as far as there were photos taken. I mention this because in most cases their EGA's were quite visible. Maybe one of you could e-mail the command and get copies for the reference section. The uniforms alone were pieces of art and worth looking at. Additionally, the command had an historical officer who may be of help.

Semper Fi

Murray

Gy J,

Dont know anyone unlucky, I mean lucky enough, to be stationed there. Most stuff in unit collections finds its way out of the units at some point as people rotate in and out and historical officer jobs turnover. Units get gutted, stood down, refurbished, etc. and stuff finds its way into closets and then people's gym bags. Sounds like they had some great stuff. Got pics?

S/F,

Mike