STOLEN USMC EMBLEM COLLECTION 04/29/11

bobgee

All Hands - Heads Up! Just contacted by Forum member MarCorps67 that his home in Palestine, Texas was burglarized on Friday evening, April 29th. Among the many items taken was a large portion of his USMC collection including vintage, highly collectible USMC emblems of all periods and his personal decorations. These medals are are bar-mounted and among them include the LOM, PH, NavComm w/ V, USMC GCM etc. on 2 bars including RVN & Kosovo service medals. They are un-named.

Should any member hear about or become aware of anyone offerring these type items for sale please PM me or MarCorps67 for info on how to contact the Palestine P.D. which is located about 2 hours SE of Dallas, Texas. It does not appear that these SOBs were specifically targeting the collection and might possibly be looking to dispose of the emblems and his wife's jewelry through Pawn Stores or Antique seller. Hopefully we can network and find these thieves and the goods. Semper Fi......Bobgee

normaninvasion

This is really sad to hear, if there is anything, we collectors. can do to help, let us know. jeff

we need to keep an eye on eBay

they very well might have known what they were after...and everything else was just icing

USMCRECON

That really sucks! I can't imagine what I'd do in such a circumstance. Even insurance coverage couldn't possible make up for such a loss, particularly the loss of one's own personal decorations. I hope they catch the perp/perps quickly and that at least some of his collection is recovered and returned to him.

Just this sort of worry prompted me to keep the bulk of my collection in a storage building in a location I don't publicize to anyone but, of course, that cuts down drastically on my enjoyment of my stuff. It's just a shame we have to resort to such tactics to keep out collection safe. I think many of us will be watching closely, and suspiciously, for a sudden influx of such items on eBay and other similar militaria auction sites.

usmcaviator

Any way to see some pics of what might have been taken, so if it shows up, people know what to look for?

Any way to see some pics of what might have been taken, so if it shows up, people know what to look for?

Mike - He's going to send me some & I'll post them here when I get them. In the meantime if any large collection of collectible EGAs shows up be suspicious.

Bob

BILL THE PATCH

i will keep and eye on ebay, i'm on there about 5 hrs a day and all night, me and the wife. hopefully everything will get back to him.

teufelhunde.ret
we need to keep an eye on eBay

VERY disturbing news, we all need to keep a vigelent eye out for his collection, as it will showup on ebay or in shows...

teufelhunde.ret

Photo of the t4o emblems with a fire bronze of a Myers Officer Fire Bronze Barracks cover emblem

post_2974_1281150309.jpg

Thanks for posting thise pics, Darrell. Hopefully folks will be on the lookout. There are some fine "missing" birds. Anyone seeing anything suspicious PM me for phone numbers & contact info. Semper Fi.....Thanks Bobgee

usmcaviator

Cream rises. Those are some high dollar items. They will show up, the only question is when. Crying shame they were taken. With this BOLO, they can't get far.

S/F,

Mike