Military Art Prints

Saskatoon Light Infantry

Saskatoon Light Infantry

There is a great variety of military prints for sale done by artists such as Don Troiani, James Dietz, Rick Reeves, Don Stivers and others. They cover all time periods from the American Revolution up to modern day Iraq.

The only WW I prints I see are aviation. Does anyone know of other WW I prints for sale? I am particularly interested in prints on the 4th Marine Brigade.

post-8484-1304121317.jpg

post-8484-1304121332.jpg

post-8484-1304121373.jpg

post-8484-1304121392.jpg

Saskatoon Light Infantry

Michael Gnatek and Rick Reeves have done some great WW II USMC prints; but where are the WW I USMC prints?

post-8484-1304122816.jpeg

post-8484-1304122830.jpeg

kjones5452

Dietz did a very small gound combat WWI print that has been sold out for a while. There are still the Army in Action

prints (think that's the name,maybe not) that can be found on eBay that has one ground combat scene. Try the

combat art sections of the Marines and the National Guard. The Nat. Guard web site shows pics. of some of their

prtints, whether their available from the printing office, I don't know.

I wonder if the USMC had artists like the Army in combat drawing pictures like this one done by a US combat engineer

post-9476-1304316631.jpg

It's out there somewhere! This is from the National Museum of the Marine Corps' website:

"The Marine Corps´ informal association with art began in World War I when Colonel John W. Thomason, Jr., produced a powerful series of battlefield sketches. The foundation established by Colonel Thomason continues to define what is expected from a Marine combat artist—they must see what they paint."

http://www.usmcmuseum.org/exhibits_combatart.asp

However, I can't find anything about art done by the modern day artists. I thought I would find a modern work done on Belleau Wood, but no luck.

I now remember I have a USMC WWI print in my garage hanging on the wall similar to the one above