Looking for Photos of Relative, and/or his Unit...

TBruno

Hi,

I'm doing genealogical research on my Great-Uncle, Private Arthur Hugo Stunak, 17th Company (A), 5th Regiment, 4th Marine Brigade, 2nd Division, United States Marine Corps, American Expeditionary Forces.

I recently got a copy of his service record from NARA, and I want to make copies of it to send to his last three remaining nephews (age 79, 85, & 89, all WWII vets) so I'd like to package all of it nicely so it can be viewed by them, and eventually handed all the way down to the current generation (some serving in Afghanistan) and beyond.

My Great-Uncle Arthur fought in the battle for Belleau Woods, Chateau Thierry, the Champagne-Marne Defensive, the Aisne-Marne Offensive (where he was gassed at Soisson), and finally, The Meuse-Argonne Offensive.

I know it may be a long shot, but does anyone have any pictures of his specifically, or of his unit where he may be present? It would be amazing to be able to provide an actual picture of him in uniform. All we have are a couple of photos of him in his American Legion uniform, in the late '30's.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi,

I'm doing genealogical research on my Great-Uncle, Private Arthur Hugo Stunak, 17th Company (A), 5th Regiment, 4th Marine Brigade, 2nd Division, United States Marine Corps, American Expeditionary Forces.

I recently got a copy of his service record from NARA, and I want to make copies of it to send to his last three remaining nephews (age 79, 85, & 89, all WWII vets) so I'd like to package all of it nicely so it can be viewed by them, and eventually handed all the way down to the current generation (some serving in Afghanistan) and beyond.

My Great-Uncle Arthur fought in the battle for Belleau Woods, Chateau Thierry, the Champagne-Marne Defensive, the Aisne-Marne Offensive (where he was gassed at Soisson), and finally, The Meuse-Argonne Offensive.

I know it may be a long shot, but does anyone have any pictures of his specifically, or of his unit where he may be present? It would be amazing to be able to provide an actual picture of him in uniform. All we have are a couple of photos of him in his American Legion uniform, in the late '30's.

Thanks,

Scott

Nobody????