I saw my first real multicam today.

oldfireguy

Sitting at the airport in Seattle of all places. He was on his way back overseas and was heading to DFW. I was a little bit surprised to see him in it. The one question I have is the boots he was wearing. They looked almost like a high tech tennis shoe or hiking boot. I have never seen a pair like them before.

If anyone knows anything about the boots I'd like to know more about them.

Misanthropic_Gods

Were they these?

combat_hikers_side_web.jpg

If so, they are the Danner Combat Hiker boots that are being issued with the new OCP uniform.

Here is a pic of the new OCP with said boots

ebe25452.jpg

craig_pickrall

It is funny that you said tennis shoes because one of the companies making these desert boots is Converse. You can do a web search for Converse and then serch for uniform grade boots and you should see them.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine that is currently in Afghanistan sent this photo of him wearing Multicam with the Danner boots.

post-32676-1305041850.jpg

CNY Militaria

I am in Afghanistan wearing OCP as well, and have both danners and hot weather desert boots. The danners don't hold up too long and are not very popular, so most stick to the hot weather boot. Plus the laces hate staying inside the boot.

Nike made a lighweight combat boot while back.

nike-combat-boots.jpg

I know a bunch of guys who are wearing these. Super lightweight but don't hold up for too long. Can't imagine they would fare too well in A-stan.........

Misanthropic_Gods
I am in Afghanistan wearing OCP as well, and have both danners and hot weather desert boots. The danners don't hold up too long and are not very popular, so most stick to the hot weather boot. Plus the laces hate staying inside the boot.

Wow, im surprised the Danners arent holding up well, I have a pair of Danner Acadias and have been supremely impressed with them.

Wow, im surprised the Danners arent holding up well, I have a pair of Danner Acadias and have been supremely impressed with them.

I, too, count the Acadias as my #1 favorite duty boot of all time, however the Combat Hikers leave something to be desired. I have had issues with the soles of both of mine beginning to separate in a couple places, and I believe someone else I spoke to said he observed same. I went back to Rocky S2Vs to wear with Multicam.

willysmb44

Funny this would come up. I was outside the gates of Ft Lewis (now called JBLM) getitng some patch work done on a hat, and saw a guy walking down the street dressed exactly like this. I didn't wanna lose my place in line, otherwise I would have followed him outside to ask questions. Seeing more and more multicam in this area. Saw a whole Stryker crew all wearing it, going down I-5 a few months ago, this was the first time I saw it myself.