WWII USMC RAIDER PATCH

Gutkowski

Anyone have any idea what a original would go for ? I have bid a few times on their patches and for some reason they start their auctions low so that they never sell .I have also e-mailed them asking why they dont start their auctions at their reserve price and no reply .I am sure that many here have bid on their patches but has anyone actually won one ??

Mac Parachute Or Raider Patches

jeremiahcable

They are usually going in the $75-110 range depending on what it is and whom is bidding. That seller is still liquidating their deceased relative's inventory from the Wosk store. Nice stuff sometimes but not a friendly or helpful seller IMO.

Jeremiah

These are being sold by Donna Wosk.She is the daughter of Harry Wosk.A friend of mine ran into her at an ASMIC convention a few years ago and she has literally a store to sell.Her dad ran a store in the 40s in SanDiego.She sold lots of stuff at the shows to dealers and found out she was selling to low.I think at one time she was trying to get $125 out of the Raider patches.The market is kind of flooded with them now.I was able to pick up a nice Casper style raider patch for $25 at a show in Minneapolis from a dealer from Michighan.I also bought one off the net for $40.Seems like the Para Marine and the Raider show up on egay quite frequently.A friend of mine has an Aussie made set.Im thinking of getting they are around $400 each.Hope this helps.

RON

Hi Gutkowski,

They did sell a 2" raider patch back on June 30th for $104.00, started at $98.00.

I went back in their feedback profile and didn't see any 3" raider patches sold, so who knows?

This guys auctions are confusing at best so I decided to steer clear myself, I don't have the time or patience to figure out all the mumbo-jumbo.

Charlie

Thanks all .

I also see that they say that you can buy a wosk tag for a few dollars more now wouldnt that make their patches a "made up item" to drive up the prices for resale if the person decides to resell it in the future ?In my eyes that tag should not be offered what so ever in a auction unless it has been on that patch since day 1 just my 2 cents on the tag issue thumbdown.gif

I've bought from her in the past. she used to start them cheap on eBay, but has apparently researched the collector's market. some have tags, some were never tagged or put on the shelves by Wosk, so she means you can choose if you want store stock or warehouse stock

as for Raider patches, 60-150, depending on the varient. there were small, medium, and large skulls. Large seem to bring the least cash, as they look more like 'Casper the Friendly Ghost' than a skull

The store closed in 1947 and they are selling the stuff now?

The Wosk family seems to have owned a fair amount of property in downtown San Diego and I'll bet a lot of this sat stored away in a basement until some redevelopment led to clean out of the basement in preparation for sale and/or demolition of an old building. I know of one San Diego building that houses a restaurant that has been closed since 1985. Nothing has been removed since it served its last meal 22 years ago: the eccentric owner (who was a minority owner of the San Diego Chargers) has never explained why keeps it that way with even the signs still up. Now I know that's not quite like Wosks being closed 60 years ago but it just goes to show that some folks do very strange things.

Donna Wosk is the principal of the Wosk Family Trust which now manages the family holdings and investments.

I did look at the Wosk family's ebay feedback which shows the prices on a lot of recent sales and none of them are very high, but I have no idea how much of that stuff they have sold or yet to sell. However, considering some of the multi-million dollar property deals in downtown San Diego, you have to wonder why they decided to retail this stuff themselves: must be Donna's hobby. :)

I will say that she is one of the most difficult people I have ever dealt with. I don't want anything bad enough to mess with them again.

I had no problems when I dealt with them 3 years ago, unless she's changed a lot since then

88thcollector
I had no problems when I dealt with them 3 years ago, unless she's changed a lot since then

My problem was rudeness. If someone is not professional enough to take paypal and requires a money order, i usually don't bother with them. When I saw the wosks' stuff, I decided to buy one of most of the pieces. I emailed her to see if she would take a check; she said OK. I sent the check, got back a scathingly nasty email asking me if I was too stupid to read their rules. i sent her a copy of her email saying it would be ok and got back a curt ok. It took weeks but the stuff finally came. life is too short to deal with her.

My problem was rudeness. If someone is not professional enough to take paypal and requires a money order, i usually don't bother with them. When I saw the wosks' stuff, I decided to buy one of most of the pieces. I emailed her to see if she would take a check; she said OK. I sent the check, got back a scathingly nasty email asking me if I was too stupid to read their rules. i sent her a copy of her email saying it would be ok and got back a curt ok. It took weeks but the stuff finally came. life is too short to deal with her.

I think I sent an MO.

I think that since her stuff appeared in PARAMARINE! she thinks she has the market dominated, not realizing that she's flooded the market with Wosk varients and people now search for others