101AB Items on Display @ Bastogne-Belgium

Johan Willaert

Johan Willaert

On September 29th & 30th, regulars from Mark Bando's Trigger Time Forum got together at Bastogne.

Several collectors brought 101st related items from ther collection and they were great conversation starters...

Here are some images of the stuff I displayed there:

ETTC29Sep07-1.jpg

ETTC29Sep07-5.jpg

ETTC29Sep07-6.jpg

Enjoy,

Johan

Johan Willaert
Very nice display of authentic items! I really like the 101st Div. Signal Co. Helmet! thumbsup.gif

Thanks, the helmet was retrieved from Normandy many years ago and also has an NCO bar at the rear. There's also a 1/2"white dot just above the bar, pretty similar to the dots found on 5O6 marked helmets.

Given the fact that not too many NCO were part of the Signal Company (at least compared to the PIR), it is a pretty rare item!

For fun, I always tell people it's George Koskimaki's helmet :lol: , which of course isn't true...... At least not that I know...

The fixed bales have been re-inforced with large welds on the inside. It has regular M1 straps.

Johan

Nice display and great items,Johan.I really liked the rigger made pouches and the first aid kits.Seldom to you get to see an original ammo pouch..let alone two.Take care.

RON

• 1 year later...
For fun, I always tell people it's George Koskimaki's helmet :lol: , which of course isn't true...... At least not that I know...

Johan

Johan,

If you like I can ask George himself for you!

Oh..and just a side note...to Georges right on the end is Donald Burgett..

post-4199-1232624291.jpg