Bugs Bunny squadron patch ID please

Garth Thompson

Garth Thompson

Can any of you squadron patch guys ID this one please; bugs bunny with a bomb?

TIA,

Garth

post-83-1303667503.jpg

Johnny Signor

As mnetioned in the other thread about this one, I think it's a US Navy "VB" type of squadron, the weapon he's holding just does not strike me as a "Torpedo" and if it was I really don't think he would be dropping it almost/straight downward and it would have been longer and had the tail prop/s , Warner Brothers would have made sure to get the "weapon's and "Units' mission correct in the design.

Now just a matter of finding out which "VB" this one belonged too , it's definately USN as "Bugs" is stepping off a "Carrier" .

Johnny

I have also been trying to find something on this one !

Johnny

As mnetioned in the other thread about this one, I think it's a US Navy "VB" type of squadron, the weapon he's holding just does not strike me as a "Torpedo" and if it was I really don't think he would be dropping it almost/straight downward and it would have been longer and had the tail prop/s , Warner Brothers would have made sure to get the "weapon's and "Units' mission correct in the design.

Now just a matter of finding out which "VB" this one belonged too , it's definately USN as "Bugs" is stepping off a "Carrier" .

Johnny

I have also been trying to find something on this one !

Johnny

Johnny, I thought the same thing, but it actually is VT 36 and has been the subject of another thread on the forum some time ago. It was verified by Tailhook and I think a Air Group book was sold not too long ago on Ebay also indicating it was in deed the patch for VT 36. Jeffro

Johnny, I thought the same thing, but it actually is VT 36 and has been the subject of another thread on the forum some time ago. It was verified by Tailhook and I think a Air Group book was sold not too long ago on Ebay also indicating it was in deed the patch for VT 36. Jeffro

Disregard, looks like we're beating a dead horse with this one. Murmansk's post has already had this one identified.Jeffro

Johnny Signor

Alright then if this is VT-36 can someone provide photographic proof of this specific emblem on a TBM/TBF aircraft or sign etc with the "title VT-36" on it ?????

Johnny

Alright then if this is VT-36 can someone provide photographic proof of this specific emblem on a TBM/TBF aircraft or sign etc with the "title VT-36" on it ?????

Johnny

No, but then again, I believe in God too. You may want to ask your pal over at Tailhook though. He's the one that supposedly id'd it. Jeffro

Garth Thompson
BTW..."Bugs" was a Warner Bros creation, not Disney.

Sabrejet ;)

I don't think anyone mentioned Disney in this post.

:whistling:

I've been off line for a day or two...I'm pretty sure when it was posted a few days ago the title contained the word "Disney" as I noted the error at the time. Maybe a moderator has since corrected the title as they often do? I hadn't noticed the correction...I'm sure I didn't imagine it.....did I?!!

Sabrejet :think:

I've been off line for a day or two...I'm pretty sure when it was posted a few days ago the title contained the word "Disney" as I noted the error at the time. Maybe a moderator has since corrected the title as they often do? I hadn't noticed the correction...I'm sure I didn't imagine it.....did I?!!

Sabrejet :think:

Its ok, really. Just make sure you are taking the right meds. Sometimes halucinations do occur. ;)

-Ski

Its ok, really. Just make sure you are taking the right meds. Sometimes halucinations do occur. ;)

-Ski

Thanks Eric...that's very re-assuring!

Ian :wacko: