Seal Team and Diver patches

While sorting through a large collection of Thai made naval insignia from the period of the mid 70's to mid 80's I came across these pieces. The previous owner of this collection had travelled throughout Thailand buying out current and old stock from insignia shops, tailor shops and military suppliers. My question is are these Seal Team arcs for U.S Seals or Thai Seals. The U.S. Seal qualification badge I recognize and also the Night Swimmer Defense Watch, this unit having served in Vietnam, is this a period made piece. Did the U.S Navy have much insignia produced in Thailand? Is the red Deep Sea Diver insignia military? A lot of questions. Any and all help is much appreciated.

LeadSafe035.jpg

LeadSafe036.jpg

I'm pretty sure these are insignia for Thai SEALs. The US SEALs did alot of training with them since the early 70's so alot of Thai insignia is based on the US SEALs. Cool insignia.

That deep sea diver might be VN handmade. I recently got an off uniform subdued version of it. Really pretty to see it in true colors.

Thanks for the input fellas. Any opinion on the Night Watch Swimmer patch. Is it period made? The unit only existed for a short period of time during the war.

Thanks for the input fellas. Any opinion on the Night Watch Swimmer patch. Is it period made? The unit only existed for a short period of time during the war.

Irish

Cant say On the Night Watch.The others are Thai.I have a few of them.The deep Sea patch I am not familiar with.

Nice stuff.

Thanks Doyler, I have seen a black and white copy of the Swimmer Defense patch in the old VICN. However it was not possible for me to tell many detail of the patch from that.

• 2 years later...
USMarineCorps

i'd say that the Night Swimmer Defense Watch patch is Thai made ( as it is gauze backed ), but indeed from the early 70's.