80's gear help

B.A.R.gunner

B.A.R.gunner

Im only into WWII and Vietnam collecting, so i have no knowledge on the 80's ALICE stuff, but the group of friends i do airsoft with are more into the modern stuff, and they need me to get a modern loadout. They decided that a basic 80's woodland setup would be fine for me now. I have a Thompson, and my finances are tied up at the moment, so i will not be getting an m16 or m4. I have the Alice belt and suspenders, as well as a butt pack, but i need some type of GP bag or at least a bag that will fit my Thompson mags. So is there a designated GP bag for ALICE gear? or am i going to have to use another butt pack or one of those square canteen covers?

Interesting question! Of course the Thompson was not part of a standard inventory, but our mechanics carried m-3 grease guns. Similar type magazine, but I am not sure how the mechanics carried their extra magazines.

son of desertrat

There are ALICE Grease gun mag bags. they hold 5 or so. We have one but the seam ripped :pinch:

Keenan

how long are your airsoft thompson mags ?..if they are not any longer than a 30rd M-16 mag. you should be good to go using the ALICE 30rd pouch...other than that you could also try to fit an old eastgerman AK-47 pouch on the pistol belt that should fit your mags...vince g. 11B Infantry..

B.A.R.gunner
There are ALICE Grease gun mag bags. they hold 5 or so. We have one but the seam ripped :pinch:

Keenan

would it happen to be for sale? can you PM with a pic if it is, maybe i can fix it

Here is a link to a thread about the nylon version of the M3/M3A1 SMG POCKET, AMMUNITION MAGAZINE:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=89718

It has an image of one. They were often used to carry other magazines besides the M3/M3A1 ones. I mentioned some of the uses in the thread.

Not part of the ALICE system though. The only ALICE system ammunition carrying item is the LC-1 CASE, SMALL ARMS AMMUNITION for the 5.56mm cartridge magazine.