Shoulder Cords

MBS

• 1 month later...

Soldier of the 3rd Battalion 4th Air Defense Artillery when it was part of the 82nd Airborne Division. I guess the shoulder cord is scarlett, but it almost looks cavalry yellow to me.

post-1761-0-10185200-1547734368.jpg

Soldier of the 3rd Battalion 4th Air Defense Artillery when it was part of the 82nd Airborne Division. I guess the shoulder cord is scarlett, but it almost looks cavalry yellow to me.

Maybe it's the Finance color rope, that Silver Grey color, and this guy is in the HHB of the unit, the S-1 Shop of the battalion.

post-34986-0-00933800-1375508241.jpg

Aren't those branch colored cords (authorized and unauthorized) worn on the other shoulder? Maybe it's a French or Belgian unit award.

He does have it on that side atb, it's very light colored, the one on the other side is indeed a French Rope for the 82nd Abn Div.

post-34986-0-21468100-1547776118.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Transportation Corps. The branch colors are brick red and golden yellow, so I assume this is golden yellow.

Holy Cow look at his HAIR, that's the first thing that stands out :lol:

post-1761-0-96810900-1550237524.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Salvage Sailor

And they thought I had long hair when I was in. WoW!!!

That's the 70's Baby, most of us were shaggy

• 3 weeks later...

Unknown fourragere worn by a soldier soon after the Gulf War. He served with the 1st Battalion 41st Infantry 2nd Armored Division during Desert Storm, but it I can't make out the DUI he is wearing in this photo and it looks like he's wearing an infantry brigade SSI. The 1-41st Infantry earned a Belgian Fourragere during WWII, but I don't think that is what he is wearing. Possibly the French Medaille Militaire?

Unknown fourragere worn by a soldier soon after the Gulf War. He served with the 1st Battalion 41st Infantry 2nd Armored Division during Desert Storm, but it I can't make out the DUI he is wearing in this photo and it looks like he's wearing an infantry brigade SSI. The 1-41st Infantry earned a Belgian Fourragere during WWII, but I don't think that is what he is wearing. Possibly the French Medaille Militaire?

post-1761-0-46784000-1552919254.jpg

post-1761-0-46784000-1552919254.jpg

Piece of Cake :D .

Believe you'll find the patch will be for the 187th Infantry Brigade USAR,

post-34986-0-59807300-1552928240.jpg

The 187th Inf Bde curiously has since it was first formed Regular Army numbered CARS (Now Regimental) Infantry Battalions, of which two were associated with the 1st Infantry Division, the 3rd Battalion 16th Infantry, and the 3rd Battalion 18th Infantry, both units were awared the Fourrager in the colors of the Medaille Militaire.

• 1 month later...

Here's an interesting one. A Vietnam War combat medic of the 2nd Battalion 47th Infantry wearing his Combat Medical Badge and Medical Corps branch insignia with Infantry blue shoulder cord and branch discs. Note he is not wearing a 9th Infantry Division SSI or Infantry blue disc behind his cap device.

post-1761-0-32685300-1556211909_thumb.jpg

firefighter

Here's an interesting one. A Vietnam War combat medic of the 2nd Battalion 47th Infantry wearing his Combat Medical Badge and Medical Corps branch insignia with Infantry blue shoulder cord and branch discs. Note he is not wearing a 9th Infantry Division SSI or Infantry blue disc behind his cap device.

When i joined the NYANG, 2nd/108th INF, i was an 91A, medic. The supply SGT issued me medical collar insignia, blue discs, and blue cord. I double checked with my NCOIC and he said, NO!. I didnt think it was right. LOL!

firefighter

Infantry cord and discs worn by an NCO of the Seventh Army Joint Multinational Training Command

Guy appears to be an 11B with combat service in DS & GWOT. Surprised he has no CIB.

When i joined the NYANG, 2nd/108th INF, i was an 91A, medic. The supply SGT issued me medical collar insignia, blue discs, and blue cord. I double checked with my NCOIC and he said, NO!. I didnt think it was right. LOL!

The Blue stuff albeit with support branch discs were wore by those branches in an Infantry Battle Group, the Headquaters Companies, at least within the 4th Infantry Division at Ft Carson Colorado in 1963 in the PENTOMIC era. Not sure if was standard Army wide, would have to look at more different unit yearbooks to tell.

firefighter

The Blue stuff albeit with support branch discs were wore by those branches in an Infantry Battle Group, the Headquaters Companies, at least within the 4th Infantry Division at Ft Carson Colorado in 1963 in the PENTOMIC era. Not sure if was standard Army wide, would have to look at more different unit yearbooks to tell.

Interesting. I joined the 2nd/108th in ‘87