Lets see some USMC swords!

PVON

I have 2 and both are named.

The first one is 1952 made in Japan.Named to JC Smith.I have the leather case and felt bag also.The really neat thing is that he kept the pamplet also.

post-5730-1261594343.jpg

post-5730-1261594394.jpg

This one is Named to a Marine Capt Veston Edwards.He was a Pearl Harbour survivor.It also has the leather case and bag.

Great ww2 beauty! I bought mine as filler until I can find a ww2 or korean war era for sale.

This is the info on the Capt Veston Edwards.

His discharge card lists his battles and engagements as Naval Action at Defense of Pearl Harbor 7DEC41; ATU Aleution Islands 11 May 43-19 May 43; and Okinawa Ryukyu Islands 19 May 43- 3 June 43. And his service as MD USS Pennsylvania 6DEC40-10June43 and Pacific area 20APR44 to 18DEC45.

Wow! Those are indeed some gorgeous swords! I have a particular fancy for those Marmelukes (which, BTW, is entirely absent from my collection, very sadly). Been looking for one for a while, now, and haven't yet found one for the right price, yet (although if I had the money, I would have jumped on the one TLeo just sold :crying: ). If anyone ever decides they have one that needs a new home, I would be honored!! :w00t:

Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing more,

G

Well I knew these were not real common but I guess only a few of us have any,LOL

COME ON GUYS SHOW US YOUR USMC SWORDS

Here is another one I just picked up.Not mint but named and really over all nice.

Shaun

post-5730-1261933843.jpg

post-5730-1261933872.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

DaggerAddict-I have a 'Leatherneck' magazine from the early postwar period which has a fairly lengthy article on those hand-forged Japanese USMC swords-they follow a swordsmith as he makes one from start to finish. some of those photos in one of your pics look like some from that article. I collect Japanese swords,so I always thought it would be interesting to have one of those USMC swords,too. I paid around $700 a few years back for a Mameluke sword (for my son,after he completed OCS ;) )

Yes 2 out of 3 of my swords are Japan Made.The one I am selling I think is early post war late 40s and the other is 1952 thats the one I have the Sword flyer for.Love them swords they are a fine piece of work.

Shaun

• 5 weeks later...

I came across some photos on a disc that i thought were lost. Here's my son's sword. It certainly doesn't get much use,but he did wear it at his wedding this past fall.

post-9317-1266762850.jpg

I posted this on another part of the forum but it does fit the theme of the thread.

This was given to Sgt MaJor Merletti when he retired as a thnk you for his 30 years of service. We also have a picture of it being presented to him. 30 years pretty cool.

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg