My idea of good furniture

M35A2runner

M35A2runner

post-8988-1303426631.jpgpost-8988-1303426645.jpg

post-8988-1303426656.jpg

Me and my wife own some military vehicles, and we love jeeps. we have a 1943 gpw with a combat Restoration. so when she asked me to make her a coffee table, i knew just what to make. i had a original combat rim with a Kelly tire on it dated 1944. this is the results of my work ! hope you guys get a kick out it.

RustyCanteen

Did you use a cut down rear axle shaft?

I like it, but with the price of the rims the way they are I don't know if I would use it as a table. I guess it's good that you saved it with the original tire on it since it probably wouldn't survive removal from the rim.

It's neat and I have never seen anything like that before. :thumbsup:

RustyCanteen

Forgot to ask, what did you use for the base? Must be pretty heavy.

The more I see it the more I like it.

M35A2runner
Did you use a cut down rear axle shaft?

I like it, but with the price of the rims the way they are I don't know if I would use it as a table. I guess it's good that you saved it with the original tire on it since it probably wouldn't survive removal from the rim.

It's neat and I have never seen anything like that before. :thumbsup:

the post is a bad m100 trailer axle housing, the axle shaft is a worn out gpw shaft that i cut down, the drum is from a gpw that is been over cut,still has the wheel bearings so it will rotate, the base is from a weighted table with the skin off so it is rough cast iron. the rim is still usable.

I am very impressed with your inventive idea for this table. I promise you, that while Mrs. Bugme would also think this is a neat idea, she'd never bite on this becoming part of our living room decor. :thumbsup:

RustyCanteen
the post is a bad m100 trailer axle housing, the axle shaft is a worn out gpw shaft that i cut down, the drum is from a gpw that is been over cut,still has the wheel bearings so it will rotate, the base is from a weighted table with the skin off so it is rough cast iron. the rim is still usable.

WOW! Never even thought about it rotating, thats even better. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice, Thanks for the update.

Wayne,

Very Nice! I don't just like it, I love it.

I have met Wayne's wife and she is a very cool chick!

• 2 weeks later...
Laurent M.

That's indeed a great idea. And you seem to live with a very comprehensive loving woman (did'nt know it even exist as mine is totally and incurably allergic to anything that look or smell military... :lol:)

I am pretty sure lots of us know what I mean... :crying:

BILL THE PATCH

nothing like going green (od green that is), it's even child proof, rubber and all!

• 1 month later...

I notice a low flying Spitfire just happend to be overhead in your second pic. Whats the chances of that ??????? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Lucky 7th Armored
I notice a low flying Spitfire just happend to be overhead in your second pic. Whats the chances of that ??????? :lol:

Freakin' sweet table man! hahah and good observation graham.

Haydn