WW2 U. S. Marines canvas leggings

Ricardo

Hi All,

This is a pair of World War 2 U. S. Marines canvas leggings:

usmcleggings1lz5.jpg

usmcleggings2uf3.jpg

State "mint", canvas original coloration in the style "yellowish USMC khaki", different of the khaki standard model of the Army, that was more green (comparison of the photo above):

usmcleggings3me0.jpg

Please, what is the market price? Thanks! thumbsup.gif

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Armed 2 tha Teeth

Ricardo,

Those look like Navy leggings, they have the NX--- contract numbers on them which is typical of Navy leggings. The only Marine leggings I have came with linen tags on the inside, not stamped like Navy leggings. The only thing stamped on them is DPQM?(can't remember exactly) 1942-1943 in purple ink. If I remember correctly Navy/Marine color and sizing are very similiar but Marine leggings tended to have brass hardware.

Greg Robinson

I've seen WW2 dated leggings that were identical in every way to Marine leggings. Just had Navy contract numbers and one set I once owned even had the white labels. I speculated that they might have been made for ground based Navy personnel assigned to Marine units and/or Seabees.

Early pre/early WW2 Marine leggings had the early inkstamped QUARTERMASTER DEPT / US MARINE CORPS / dates plus the white label.

• 2 weeks later...