M1/03 AMMO BELT

sharpsshooter

sharpsshooter

I recently got this M1 GARAND AMMO BELT dated 1943 off EBAY #150570171107 It was made for the 03 SPRINGFIELD.. It was probably never issued/hardly used? No tears, rust, tarnish. The pockets are tight when placing two stripper/one embloc clip inside. You can not see it from the pics but I found that both halves have different snaps. The left side has the KliKit star PULL snaps and the right side has the snaps with a small hole on the bottom. Both halves are the same color and match. Each half also has a divider in one pocket that is a light pinkish color. Is it normal to find an ammo belt like this? I thought I saw a link or a website that showed a belt made with different material?

craig_pickrall

While it isn't something that you find everyday it really isn't rare to find a belt like you describe. There is a thread on items with mismatched colors and there are several threads on the cartridge belts and some show mismatched items.

sharpsshooter
While it isn't something that you find everyday it really isn't rare to find a belt like you describe. There is a thread on items with mismatched colors and there are several threads on the cartridge belts and some show mismatched items.

Does this hurt their value?

craig_pickrall

That is very hard to answer. There are some purist collectors that may not want it but at the same time there are a few of us that actually find them interesting.