Unknown uniform

Lance0906

Hey guys, HELP! There seem to be a lot of you later generation Gulf 1 & 2 vets out there. Can anyone identify who, when and why they wore an all khaki uniform with black T shirt. The only photo I've seen of them is fuzzy. I collect USAF AP/SP/SF items and the first thing I noticed is they had the pocket badge sewn on. One had Senior Airman's chevrons and the other two were obscured by some LBE's. What I see is a uniform that resembles our OD-105 geens that we wore before the new BDU style greens came out. They are a s/s shirt with two upper pockets. There are no lower pockets because the shirt is designed to be tucked in. The pants are the typical 105 style that are cut like Levies with no cargo pockets on the legs. All badges, chevrons and name tapes are subdued desert. They are wearing the khaki USMC style pointed cap which a friend of mine said when he was in Iraq that meant they were off duty. Duty status was denoted by the standard khaki Ranger cap.

OK, anyone who can answer my question and especially anyone who can provide me a good photo gets their name and unit mentioned in Into the Blue, USAF Uniforms 1947 to Present, Volume 2. It'll be in the chapter BDUs to ABUs. Anyone who can come up with any other unusual USAF uniform photos and explanation will get the same attribution.

Now, for my old guys who served when I did. Have you ever seen a Dark Blue Ridgeway? Got a photo? Ever hear of a blue pith helmet? Got a 1954 photo of an inspection at Anderson AFB Guam and the whole Air Base Group is standing tall with blue piths! Only guys who wore something else are the AP's, they're in white piths!

Hope you guys can help and thank all of you for your service and dedication.

Lance0906

Lance,

I've got a group of Security Forces stuff from a guy who was at Camp Bucca (POW/internment camp)....on duty, they wore all black uniforms (cut like BDUs, but all black)...completely devoid of any insignia...the cap they wore is the same pattern as a standard DCU field cap, but again, all black.....

Mark sends

DutchInfid3l

Lance, Figured I'd help you out with a few photos of the aforementioned items. Plus it'll bump the topic. :D

This photo was labeled Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 1997, "Gate Section"

khaki.jpg

The pith helmets, from Col. Vincent Donahue photo collection while at Johnston Island AFB, 1954-1955 time frame.

pithhelmet2.jpg

pithhelmet3.jpg

pithhelmet.jpg

just checking back in...those uniforms are actually one piece coveralls/jump suit....I have one from a guy who served at Eskan Village SA...it has "SECURITY FORCES" in huge black letters on the reverse......he later served at Camp Bucca with the SF MSgt who donated a bunch of his stuff - the guy I mentioned above....if you search for this topic: "USAF Couple's donation" you'll see pictures of the jump suit.....note the tapes and SF Badger are theater made...

Mark sends

Or, click here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//m...-1265573955.jpg

and here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//m...-1265573991.jpg

Thanks Mark, I've found a load for volume 2. Right now just trying to get Schiffer to get Vol 1 out on the shelves. those who have received them say some nice things about it.

Thanks

Lance

Lance, Figured I'd help you out with a few photos of the aforementioned items. Plus it'll bump the topic. :D

This photo was labeled Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 1997, "Gate Section"

khaki.jpg

The pith helmets, from Col. Vincent Donahue photo collection while at Johnston Island AFB, 1954-1955 time frame.

pithhelmet2.jpg

pithhelmet3.jpg

pithhelmet.jpg

Great photos Dutch, A friend, Sarah give me a set and they will appear in Into the Blue USAF Uniforms, 1947 to present.