USMC 1st Division LRRP Patch

35th USAAD

This patch is about 4" tall and is cotton. Does anyone know when this patch first was made (Korea ?) Looks Japanese or maybe Korean made. Comments. Thanks, Lou

post-6443-1303218197.jpg

post-6443-1303218215.jpg

Looks like the patches that were made in the late 70's. That is when I started collecting. I use to buy mine from Quincy Sales in Tulsa Oklahoma. I remember that they were very cheap. I also bought my copy of Brittan and Washingtons book on sholder sleeve insignia from them. I believe the good majority of their insignia was made in Japan at the time. Alot of it was made to resemble Vietnam era designs but there were also a lot of patches made to represent WWII designs. A lot too were current navy ships. I still think I have all the flyers. I would think that there is somewhere on the forum that talks about these patches. Hope that helps and I am sure more people will chime in. - Jeff

Looks like the patches that were made in the late 70's. That is when I started collecting. I use to buy mine from Quincy Sales in Tulsa Oklahoma. I remember that they were very cheap. I also bought my copy of Brittan and Washingtons book on sholder sleeve insignia from them. I believe the good majority of their insignia was made in Japan at the time. Alot of it was made to resemble Vietnam era designs but there were also a lot of patches made to represent WWII designs. A lot too were current navy ships. I still think I have all the flyers. I would think that there is somewhere on the forum that talks about these patches. Hope that helps and I am sure more people will chime in. - Jeff

Jeff, were these cotton ? or poly ?, Thanks for the info, Regards, Lou

This is a Marine Corps Force Recon patch. It is not a LRRP patch. Although Marines went through Rencond School, and were awarded a Recondo patch upon graduation, The Marine Corps never authorized them to wear it.