The Official Military Movie Props Association Collection

sprprops

wwIIfighterpilots

I call this 'build your own R.V. Burgin.'

The helmet camo cover and M41 jacket were worn by Burgin's character in the mini-series and are ID'd to specific scenes.

The lightweight helmet and belt, pistol holster and other belt accessories are props from The Pacific but not necessarily worn by Burgin's character as the studio mixed up all the belts and helmets. I have tried to match the gear Burgin wore however.

I also have the pants, boots, leggings and other items but did not want to do a full-mannequin display. I find the half-mannys are easier to build and move around.

post-49659-1315793603.jpg

Hey Mike! It looks great! Its always great to be able to photo match your items on screen.

PS I got your last package, I can't remember if I told you or not. Its sweet!

wwIIfighterpilots

Thanks Chris. I appreciate the good words from someone who has so much great stuff. Glad you liked the package, I knew you would.

Here's one more. Jay De L'eau photo matched HBT jacket, ID'd to several scenes. Again I understand it may be hard to see the matches in these smaller photos but with larger ones there's 10-15 obvious things that match. For me, EVERYTHING has to match to call it a match and this one does.

Like Burgin, Jay was a real Marine. Both were interviewed in the DVD Horrors in the Pacific, about Peleliu.[/size]

post-49659-1315795085.jpg

• 1 year later...

Chris,

I realize this post is 2 years old but I recently acquired a set of HBTs that I was told may have been used in SPR. They don't have the official stamp (I have another set that does) you posted on this discussion but they match the photos you posted of the grade B items from S. M. Wholesale. The overall look, button positions, belt loop positions and stitch paths all match from what I see. I have posted some photos if you could please give me your opinion on this set.

Thanks,

Mark

post-65447-0-29659000-1374614383.jpg

post-65447-0-46624900-1374614392.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mark, that set does look exactly like what SM Wholesale supplied to the production, without the stamp or documentation I can't say for certain as it could just be an old SM Wholesale set with no affiliation to the film.

-Chris

Chris,

I checked the armpits on the jacket and there was no stamp. They are made from the thinner material than my other set. I just sold them on Ebay yesterday. The other set have the U.S. SPR stamped on the jacket collar and the waist band of the pants. The pant pockets are high near the waist like your photo of the Grade A. The jacket is thick material and has the silver backed buttons. The center buttons on the jacket are space farther apart though than the one in your grade A photo. Attached are some photos. There is no staining on the pants or the jacket. It's just the photo. Everything is pretty even in color.

Mark

post-65447-0-89318200-1376451335.jpgpost-65447-0-52129700-1376451347.jpgpost-65447-0-38777200-1376451361.jpgpost-65447-0-06809800-1376451373.jpg

• 3 months later...

I recently moved and was going through some old boxes. I found some photos I took when I visited ATF (back when I think they were still CNS) in '99 when they had all the SPR props. I have only found a few photos I took as of now, but I thought the forum might like to see...

post-3697-0-96383000-1384699569.jpg

post-3697-0-28453700-1384699584.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my Warner Brothers Studio Prop M1A1 carbine used in the movie "Objective Burma." It's not made of rubber. The stock is wood although I don't believe it was a real carbine stock. The barrel is a very light metal. The receiver and trigger housing are cast metal and the folding stock is a sturdy steel but I'm not sure if it is the same weight as the original stuff. Also the magazine is permanently attached. The bolt will move and has a spring attached so that it will snap closed.You can tell by watching the movie that the gun doesn't weigh as much as a real one by the way that it moves.....to easy.....looks light in it's movements. Although I have no official documentation on it's authenticity, I have watched the movie numerous times and stopped it to compare the guns in the movie to mine. I also have some movie stills that I can compare it too.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-10770600-1445234435.jpeg

post-7752-0-51953100-1445234454.jpeg

This is my "The Pacific" movie prop helmet. It is the light version complete with a fake hawley liner. I purchased this directly from Harlen Glenn.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-40909400-1445234822.jpeg

Now this is what I was hoping to see Chris. Can we get close-ups and more detailed pics of some of the stuff? On watching these movies, esp. SPR both before and after I started collecting (yes, I am still a newbie compared to many out there!) I have always admired the SPR and BoB items for their detail to authenticity.....at least MOST of the time. (Still not sure that a Ranger Capt. would have carried a Thompson that Hanks did in SPR rather than a carbine, but hey.....its Hollywood right?)

Thanks for sharing these unique items and hope that you can share lots more of them, with cool detailed pics as time allows. :thumbsup:

Brian, I was a Major in Vietnam. My weapon of preference, and rarely without it, was the Thompson. I loaded the mags totally with traser ammo, and rarely missed. Jack