The Official Military Movie Props Association Collection

sprprops

Here is my very small contribution.....

Nice contribution!!! And another forum member has his uniform.

here's my 29'er i added the net & liner chin strap as it never came with these, the liner is a 1950's type & the shell is an original front seamed swivel bail version :twothumbup:

post-7374-1305304660.jpg

Hey Nick I love your helmet! It is the only example I have ever seen with a stamped nape strap.

thanks mate it also has the stamp on the inside of the shell as well.

Yup as it should, right in the rear near the edge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
joefriday22
AHH! YOU CLEANED IT???

Ha, I would have left it if I knew that it was genuine movie dirt. But who knows where the mud spots came from..?

Ha, I would have left it if I knew that it was genuine movie dirt. But who knows where the mud spots came from..?

They came from the set when that helmet was originally sold off WITH liner to the guy in SPAIN back around 1999.

joefriday22
They came from the set when that helmet was originally sold off WITH liner to the guy in SPAIN back around 1999.

Dang, you mean I cleaned off real movie dirt?? O'well.. it didn't have a liner when I received it either.

Dang, you mean I cleaned off real movie dirt?? O'well.. it didn't have a liner when I received it either.

Thats because the guy in spain was buying up all the movie helmets a few years ago and for some reason he is selling them without their original liners for way more than he paid plus the ridiculous shipping.

joefriday22
Thats because the guy in spain was buying up all the movie helmets a few years ago and for some reason he is selling them without their original liners for way more than he paid plus the ridiculous shipping.

Yes, the shipping was high but when you start trying to pick these things up late in the game you have to pay more than you'd like to if you want the piece. You don't see too much of this stuff for sale these days so you have to get it while you can.

Yes, the shipping was high but when you start trying to pick these things up late in the game you have to pay more than you'd like to if you want the piece. You don't see too much of this stuff for sale these days so you have to get it while you can.

Just remember they made hundreds of these so its only a matter of time before one pops up for sale. :thumbsup: