The Official Military Movie Props Association Collection

sprprops

1846usmarine

Hi Chris, some more Saving Private Ryan items. These are props that were made but not use in the film. They really went into detail. Captain Miller's message book and 2 Omaha beach maps. One was aged.

post-16702-1303312366.jpg

post-16702-1303312403.jpg

1846usmarine

Hi Chris, even more Saving Private Ryan items. Morphine Syrettes and Sulfa Powder. A Western Union telegram to Mrs. Ryan about James being MIA.

post-16702-1303312844.jpg

post-16702-1303312859.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would post my personal opinions on this:

http://www.propstore.com/product-Hero-Capt...ier-Costume.htm

To me it appears to be a few of Miller's real items but in an effort to make it complete they marked some items up to dupe potential buyers.

After 10 years of looking at real production used main cast uniforms, here is what I noticed on this one.

1st Miller wore HBT trousers in the film (Grade A) not wool trousers. Sure he could have had some as part of his kit but he would have had real WWII wool trousers not the ACAD repros. Also Miller would not have been written directly on the trousers, they were always written on twill and sewn in.

2nd Miller's belt was WWII and WWII components, OD3 not OD7, and the holster looks too new.

3rd Miller wore Service shoes in the movie, NOT roughouts.

4th Miller would have had a WWII shovel cover on his shovel not VN.

5th the liner painted up that is included was not painted by the production team maybe someone else later but not for the movie. Also Miller would not have a VN liner even in a stunt helmet, Korean era maybe but not VN.

post-20509-1304039993.jpg

1846usmarine

Hi Chris, some more Saving Private Ryan items. A Captain Miller's vest, ( unused), the main actors had five set of costumes. Cpl Henderson's jump jacket and Edith Piaf "Tu es Partout" prop 78 record.

post-16702-1304187018.jpg

post-16702-1304187037.jpg

post-16702-1304187265.jpg

There is a man trying to sell sever complete SPR uniforms from main characters. BEWARE the uniforms are not completely genuine. SOME pieces were worn by the actor but the rest was not and they were cobbled together to try and sell them as COMPLETE costumes. I have been doing this for over 10 years, they cannot fool me. :thumbdown: If you are looking to buy PLEASE contact me! I am here to help not make a profit off of fake stuff.

OH HOW THIS MAKES ME ANGRY :disgust:

Hi Chris, some more Saving Private Ryan items. A Captain Miller's vest, ( unused), the main actors had five set of costumes. Cpl Henderson's jump jacket and Edith Piaf "Tu es Partout" prop 78 record.

I swear you have some of the coolest stuff! I LOVE IT! If you ever want to part with any of it please let me know!

You guys have got some great props. Thanks for sharing.

Here's my only SPR item.

SPRmedic1.jpg

SPRmedic2.jpg

Rob

Hey Rob I remember that helmet! I saw it before it ended up in the hands of the guy in SPAIN. I wish he didnt remove the liners from those helmets but oh well. Glad you rescued it from him!

joefriday22

Thanks Chris. I probably paid top dollar for it but O'well..I've bid on a few other SPR items over the years but never won any so I figured I'd go a little harder on my bidding this time.

Rob

Thanks Chris. I probably paid top dollar for it but O'well..I've bid on a few other SPR items over the years but never won any so I figured I'd go a little harder on my bidding this time.

Rob

Hey Rob you didnt do too bad on this one, a bit much for just the shell and the shipping was the killer. If the shipping wasnt so high and I didnt already have one I would have bought it LOL.

joefriday22
Hey Rob you didnt do too bad on this one, a bit much for just the shell and the shipping was the killer. If the shipping wasnt so high and I didnt already have one I would have bought it LOL.

Yea, I didn't really put much thought into the dollar conversion. I estimated it and threw a bid on. I'm happy with it..Water under the bridge.

Yours is an older helmet and looks better in my opinion.

Rob

The big difference between yours and mine is that yours is an 'SPR' helmet and mine is an 'ACAD' one. They used different paints between the two of them. ACADs are a darker green but mine appears to be more hastily done than yours. I just wish mine still had the chinstraps, but the 2 panel medics helmets are pretty rare. Ive seen 3.

Yours has my seal of approval and I garantee it to be authentic.

Thanks Chris. What does ACAD stand for?

Rob

ACAD is Academy Costumes, they produced a large number of uniforms for the main cast and all the repro wool uniforms. The SPR stuff was made 'in-house' by the Dreamworks costume department. But by 'made' I mean assembled as most of the stuff was purchased and decorated/painted/aged/patched.

joefriday22
ACAD is Academy Costumes, they produced a large number of uniforms for the main cast and all the repro wool uniforms. The SPR stuff was made 'in-house' by the Dreamworks costume department. But by 'made' I mean assembled as most of the stuff was purchased and decorated/painted/aged/patched.

Thanks for the education Chris.

Rob

Hey Chris my friend Thats an Excellent Collection of (S.P.R Items) you have got there and thanks for sharing it with us :thumbsup:

I was looking foward to seing your Collection of S.P.R Props for some time now well worth the wait !!! :w00t:

It looks great and well done its an impressive collection you have got there for sure.

Cant wait to see the rest of it... i know it takes a lot of time to take the pictures and upload them but its well worth it thats for sure..

I have always being very intrested in Saving Private Ryan the Film since it was Filimed here in Ireland back in 1997 in County Co.Wexford on the Beaches and through different Farms on different scenes i spent a full week down there during the making of S.P.R it was being filimed for Two and a Half weeks in Ireland and it was one of the best experiences to have done too, the town of Wexford used to be packed and the Pubs and the night life with the Soldiers in there S.P.R Uniforms out late at night it shurely was an amazing expirence and great crack too i enjoyed it..

I dont know if you know this or not but what made up the Extras for the Invasion Scenc on the Beach was Members of the Irish Reserve Defence Forces (I.R.D.F) they were trained for a Full Week by Captain Dale Dye (USMC Ret).

God Bless and take care Chris :thumbsup:

Best Regards

Tomás.

Hey Tomás,

I forgot to comment on your post. It must have been a sight to see with all the extras in uniform at the pubs. I hope somebody took some pictures. I am always after more pictures.

Thanks again Tomás.

-Chris

willysmb44

Click here to see a few of my SPR items (still haven't gotten everything out to get photos yet).

And of you get really bored, you can click the link to other stuff I have, but it's not military related...

Click here to see a few of my SPR items (still haven't gotten everything out to get photos yet).

And of you get really bored, you can click the link to other stuff I have, but it's not military related...

Funny thing is that I was just looking at that because I noticed someone posted somthing new! And it turns out its a fellow member LOL. I cant wait to see the rest of your stuff. I still have loads to put up as well.