The Official Military Movie Props Association Collection

sprprops

Stunt HBT's. These are pretty cool (I think anyway) worn by stuntmen. Both are Grade B with varying amounts of fading. Value-whatever someone is willing to pay really.

DSC02505abc.jpg

DSC02506abc.jpg

DSC02508abc.jpg

DSC02509abc.jpg

DSC02515abc.jpg

DSC02516abc.jpg

DSC02517abc.jpg

DSC02520abc.jpg

M41's The majority of M41s from the film are Grade B made by Sturm. The costume department bought them and removed the tags. Grade A M41's were worn by the main cast and had much nicer wool liners. Value Grade B $40-$125 depending upon condition and patches. Grade A depends on the cast member.

This one had an unknown SSI which was removed

DSC02424abc.jpg

DSC02425abc.jpg

DSC02426abc.jpg

DSC02427abc.jpg

This one was used as a 29th jacket for the opening scenes and then fixed up as a wounded or dead 327th Glider infantry soldier in the 101st

DSC02474abc.jpg

DSC02476abc.jpg

DSC02477abc.jpg

DSC02478abc.jpg

DSC02481abc.jpg

Cast and Crew M41. These jackets were made by SM Wholesale and given to the cast and crew after completion of filming. They would not be good for reenacting and are purely a collectable item. They all feature a rangers SSI and a Shield that reads 'Saving Private Ryan 1997'. The material the shield is made of is actually the Grade A HBT fabric. Value $30-$125 depending upon condition and who it was given to.

Mine was given to a makup technician and I recieved it directly from her.

DSC02483abc.jpg

DSC02485abc.jpg

DSC02487abc.jpg

DSC02488abc.jpg

DSC02490abc.jpg

DSC02491abc.jpg

The PANCO Boots. These boots were specifically made for SPR and are too tall to be service shoes and too short to be jump boots. They look fine when worn with leggings. Value $40-$75 depending upon condition and size.

These were worn by a reenactor after filming and have more wear than they would have seen during production.

DSC02452abc.jpg

DSC02453abc.jpg

DSC02455abc.jpg

DSC02456abc.jpg

DSC02457abc.jpg

DSC02449abc.jpg

Jumpin Jack
Now this is what I was hoping to see Chris. Can we get close-ups and more detailed pics of some of the stuff? On watching these movies, esp. SPR both before and after I started collecting (yes, I am still a newbie compared to many out there!) I have always admired the SPR and BoB items for their detail to authenticity.....at least MOST of the time. (Still not sure that a Ranger Capt. would have carried a Thompson that Hanks did in SPR rather than a carbine, but hey.....its Hollywood right?)

Thanks for sharing these unique items and hope that you can share lots more of them, with cool detailed pics as time allows. :thumbsup:

Good morning my Friend,

I realize that officers can get a bit lazy, but carbines were too much like BB guns. While in Vietnam I carried a Thompson the entire time. They would make bunker doors into tooth picks, and loaded with tracers, they rarely missed at upwards to 400 meters. Certainly a heavy weapon, but I wouldn't have been without it. Jack Angolia

Great thread! I have a supposed SPR gas mask carrier at home and I will photo it and post it later. It came with a little green laminated card that is supposedly a production tag, but I doubt it really is.

more soon...

Great thread! I have a supposed SPR gas mask carrier at home and I will photo it and post it later. It came with a little green laminated card that is supposedly a production tag, but I doubt it really is.

more soon...

Its not this one is it.... If so I really want it! :lol:

post-20509-1303147605.jpg

Thanks for creating this thread and sharing pics of the SPR itmes! You've obviously spent a lot of time, energy and dedication in building up the collection.

It's really fascinating to read about the various makers, values, grades, etc., especially since there's still a sufficient quantity floating around dealer websites today.

It's always nice to be entertained and educated in one thread! :thumbsup:

Thanks for creating this thread and sharing pics of the SPR itmes! You've obviously spent a lot of time, energy and dedication in building up the collection.

It's really fascinating to read about the various makers, values, grades, etc., especially since there's still a sufficient quantity floating around dealer websites today.

It's always nice to be entertained and educated in one thread! :thumbsup:

Thanks! It has been a passion of mine for over 10 years so I hope my knowledge can help people out and maybe document these repros so that they are not mistaken for originals in the future.

Hey Chris my friend Thats an Excellent Collection of (S.P.R Items) you have got there and thanks for sharing it with us :thumbsup:

I was looking foward to seing your Collection of S.P.R Props for some time now well worth the wait !!! :w00t:

It looks great and well done its an impressive collection you have got there for sure.

Cant wait to see the rest of it... i know it takes a lot of time to take the pictures and upload them but its well worth it thats for sure..

I have always being very intrested in Saving Private Ryan the Film since it was Filimed here in Ireland back in 1997 in County Co.Wexford on the Beaches and through different Farms on different scenes i spent a full week down there during the making of S.P.R it was being filimed for Two and a Half weeks in Ireland and it was one of the best experiences to have done too, the town of Wexford used to be packed and the Pubs and the night life with the Soldiers in there S.P.R Uniforms out late at night it shurely was an amazing expirence and great crack too i enjoyed it..

I dont know if you know this or not but what made up the Extras for the Invasion Scenc on the Beach was Members of the Irish Reserve Defence Forces (I.R.D.F) they were trained for a Full Week by Captain Dale Dye (USMC Ret).

God Bless and take care Chris :thumbsup:

Best Regards

Tomás.

1846usmarine

Great thread. I have a few items from Saving Private Ryan. Here's a M-1 helmet worn by "Sarge." Came in a white bag and marked "Sarge." I also got a few continuity photos with the helmet.

post-16702-1303182189.jpg

post-16702-1303182222.jpg

post-16702-1303182485.jpg

post-16702-1303182694.jpg

Great thread. I have a few items from Saving Private Ryan. Here's a M-1 helmet worn by "Sarge." Came in a white bag and marked "Sarge." I also got a few continuity photos with the helmet.

WOW! Something I would love to have in my collection :drool2: , but that will never happen. What a great piece and I love the continuity photos. Thanks for sharing!

I was wondering about the stamps on these items. At one point, At The Front’s website said that not all the SPR items were marked and that they marked some of the stuff themselves so they could sell it to people who might doubt it was really from the production. I’ve heard the production sold off stuff in large CONEX boxes, does anyone know if that was true?

My big regret was not getting more. Like everyone else, I saw it pretty cheap on the ATF website (bought some stuff from them) and later at shows but I didn’t get much of it.

As for the gas mask bags, I bought two of them when they were cheap and I still use one in displays. I should probably swap it out for the original bag I found much later on.

Here's another piece of SPR memoribilia which was marketed in the UK shortly after the movie was released. It's a group of 30.05 blank cartridge cases which were fired on set. They were sold already mounted in the shadow box and came with a certificate of authenticity (sorry about the picture quality...reflectivity!) I also have a full-size, mint SPR movie poster.

post-8022-1303215792.jpg

Sabrejet

Brian Dentino
Good morning my Friend,

I realize that officers can get a bit lazy, but carbines were too much like BB guns. While in Vietnam I carried a Thompson the entire time. They would make bunker doors into tooth picks, and loaded with tracers, they rarely missed at upwards to 400 meters. Certainly a heavy weapon, but I wouldn't have been without it. Jack Angolia

I humbly stand corrected by a man that would know.....thanks Jack! ;)

I was wondering about the stamps on these items. At one point, At The Front’s website said that not all the SPR items were marked and that they marked some of the stuff themselves so they could sell it to people who might doubt it was really from the production. I’ve heard the production sold off stuff in large CONEX boxes, does anyone know if that was true?

My big regret was not getting more. Like everyone else, I saw it pretty cheap on the ATF website (bought some stuff from them) and later at shows but I didn’t get much of it.

As for the gas mask bags, I bought two of them when they were cheap and I still use one in displays. I should probably swap it out for the original bag I found much later on.

You are absolutely correct. At The Front received two 53' tractor trailers full! and that was only about 1/3 of the stuff from the film. The production company did not mark everything. 9 times out of 10 they stamped jackets, shirts, pants, and helmets. The other stuff was not marked but a few things did get stamped for some unknown reasons. ATF's SPR stamps are the larger ones, they did that because people complained that the stuff wasn't marked. Thats why there are two different SPR stamps and one ACAD stamp. When ATF sold off the stuff it was really cheap, I have spoken to guys who were at the first show where they sold stuff off. They said that ATF was busting open crates and Foam Garands and helmets were just pouring out of them. $5 got you a foam Garand or a helmet.

Here's another piece of SPR memoribilia which was marketed in the UK shortly after the movie was released. It's a group of 30.05 blank cartridge cases which were fired on set. They were sold already mounted in the shadow box and came with a certificate of authenticity (sorry about the picture quality...reflectivity!) I also have a full-size, mint SPR movie poster.

Sabrejet

Nice display! I have a couple 30.05 blanks and a few AK47 rounds from the beach scenes. As well as a smoke grenade spoon handle.

1846usmarine

Hi Chris, some more Saving Private Ryan items. Captain Miller's compass and the mirror that was bubble gummed to the bayonet.

post-16702-1303311841.jpg

post-16702-1303311967.jpg

post-16702-1303311984.jpg

1846usmarine

Hi Chris, some more Saving Private Ryan items. The War Department Mrs. Ryan letters and Mrs. Ryan's sons in the service banner.

post-16702-1303312132.jpg

post-16702-1303312151.jpg