H&R Reising M50 Submachine Gun - USMC marked

Corpsmancollector

Hi David,

Thanks for posting some very interesting information about the Reising, it is most welcomed. I have certainly learnt something today and it's only 10am!

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

Arch; I'd really love to see some of the accessories your Dad has for the Reising! Look forward to your posts :thumbsup:

Will

Hi David,

Thanks for posting some very interesting information about the Reising, it is most welcomed. I have certainly learnt something today and it's only 10am!

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

Arch; I'd really love to see some of the accessories your Dad has for the Reising! Look forward to your posts :thumbsup:

Will

Will,

Thanks for the kind words, and also for those of others who have commented. If you'd like to see almost every Reising accessory that exists, you should check out my Reising reference page at the following link:

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=9688

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Corpsmancollector
Will,

Thanks for the kind words, and also for those of others who have commented. If you'd like to see almost every Reising accessory that exists, you should check out my Reising reference page at the following link:

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=9688

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

No problem David. Thanks for the above link, it's an excellent reference on the Reising and I'd encourage other to visit it too :thumbsup:

Will

Thanks for posting such an informative piece on what would be a Marine Corps collectors dream to own. The link is also great. You really do learn something every day and I can only say thanks to you (and people like you) who are keen to freely share their knowledge with the rest of us.

Jules

Just wondering if anyone can help with markings on this Model 50 "FAC De VENEZUELA 42" Would this be a Military Model or Civilian? Many thanks, Clive.

post-1567-1303918277.jpg

Just wondering if anyone can help with markings on this Model 50 "FAC De VENEZUELA 42" Would this be a Military Model or Civilian? Many thanks, Clive.

FAC De VENEZUELA = Fuerzas Armadas de Cooperación de Venezuela. In English = Venezuelan Armed Forces of Cooperation aka Venezuelan National Guard.

http://www.mongabay.com/history/venezuela/...nal_guard).html

You are most welcome, nkomo! :thumbsup:

PS Yes, the way you pronounce this acronym in Spanish sounds just like a bad word in English... :whistling:

Many thanks for the information, this clears up what FAC stands for. From this it seems that this Model 50 was made, assume a batch production, for the FAC and would not have been some form of re-issue. Would the 42 after the FAC be the date of manufacture? Regards, Clive.

Many thanks for the information, this clears up what FAC stands for. From this it seems that this Model 50 was made, assume a batch production, for the FAC and would not have been some form of re-issue. Would the 42 after the FAC be the date of manufacture? Regards, Clive.

Image showing Serial Number - is there a data base that can pinpoint a manufacture date?

post-1567-1303985485.jpg

Image showing Serial Number - is there a data base that can pinpoint a manufacture date?

seebee1,

A serial number database exists, but exact production dates have not been found. Frank Iannamico, who wrote the only book excclusively covering the Reising, indicates the weapon was made in 1943. This information was included in a Reising section in his later book, "Submachine Guns of the United States of America."

Examples in the database include some in the 113,000 range, and this Reising is serial number 111,718. It's in the last 2% of known WWII production serial numbers.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Many thanks for the information David, much appreciated. Regards, Clive.

seebee1,

A serial number database exists, but exact production dates have not been found. Frank Iannamico, who wrote the only book excclusively covering the Reising, indicates the weapon was made in 1943. This information was included in a Reising section in his later book, "Submachine Guns of the United States of America."

Examples in the database include some in the 113,000 range, and this Reising is serial number 111,718. It's in the last 2% of known WWII production serial numbers.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 1 year later...

Very nice Reising. You are lucky it functions so well. The State Police here used to have two Thompsons and two Reisings assigned to each barracks. From what my dad and his partners used to say they had alot of problems with the Reisings. It's a shame because they are a nice looking weapon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.