H&R Reising M50 Submachine Gun - USMC marked

Here is my dad's legally registered Reising submachine gun. This gun has a PM 2 mark where the barrell attaches to the receiver. According to "The Reising: Submachine Gun Story" Book by Frank Iannamico, those marks denote United States Marine Corps use.

The case is made by Federal Laboratories. The case was made for police and para-military types, but a few did make it into military service.

DSCN2270.JPG

Coool. Hows it shoot?

It shoots very, very well. He has had it for over 20 years and he has never had a jam with it once.

A rare beast for sure. USMC collectors' dream!

Sabrejet :w00t:

Sabre,

Thanks for the compliment. Dad and I both are collectors of militaria. He has collected guns, knives, holsters, and web gear since the 50's. When I started collecting, I started collecting uniforms and web gear as to avoid having to compete with my dad at the gun shows. :lol: It has worked out well, as he looks for items for me and I do the same for him. I have very fond memories of our time spent together collecting. :thumbsup:

Charlie Flick

A great, historic firearm. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Regards,

Charlie

Thats a great looking Submachine Gun you have got there very nice :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind giving that baby a few shots, Have you Fired it yet ?

Garandomatic

Nice to hear it shoots well! I've heard that a lot of their problems don't show up in civilian use because private owners either have worked out mechanical issues or can give them better care and operating conditions than the field. Very cool.

Nice to hear it shoots well! I've heard that a lot of their problems don't show up in civilian use because private owners either have worked out mechanical issues or can give them better care and operating conditions than the field. Very cool.

My dad is metculous about cleaning his guns. I always joked that my dad was teaching me how to field strip and clean guns while other fathers were teaching their kids how to play baseball or football! Actually...that isn't too far from the truth. :lol:

Any chance you can post a sharp image of the receiver markings? Dave

Here is the receiving markings. The picture is about the best I can do. Sorry. :lol:

DSCN2278.JPG

I am always amazed at what turns up on this forum. That's quite a rare piece. Thanks for showing it.

Corpsmancollector
Sabre,

Thanks for the compliment. Dad and I both are collectors of militaria. He has collected guns, knives, holsters, and web gear since the 50's. When I started collecting, I started collecting uniforms and web gear as to avoid having to compete with my dad at the gun shows. :lol: It has worked out well, as he looks for items for me and I do the same for him. I have very fond memories of our time spent together collecting. :thumbsup:

This is amazing Arch! Thanks so much for posting and thanks to your Dad for letting you post it! :lol: It looks to be in beautiful condition and as Ian said, any Marine collector's dream!

Sounds like your Dad has quite the collection :thumbsup: Look forward to more of your posts!

All the best

Will

nkomo,

That's an outstanding piece--congratulations! Here are a couple of pictures showing the Reising in use to complement your post. Hope you like them.

Note the web pouch...

post-70-1302776038.jpg

post-70-1302776075.jpg

post-70-1302776108.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.