Full Tour - National Museum of the USAF

Ricardo

Okay... I really wanted to go there before... now I really, really want to go there! Thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting - will need a few hours to "tour" the museum!

I wish more museums would do something like this!

Johnny Signor

I'[ve had the chance to go there twice, once in the mid 80's and then just a few years ago, man what a change from then and now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you go you most definatly will need to stay a few days to really take in all what is on display not only iside , but outside and the displays across the way in the other hangers , also the movies in the Imax theater you'll want to see.

You'll also need lots of film as there is very much a lot of great aircraft and uniform displays to see there , one of the best if not the best avaition musuems here in the US , well worth the trip and a few days stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny

The video from this virtual tour is of pretty good quality. Using Microsoft Paint, and then Photoshop, you can download some pretty decent images of the exhibits.

B24_small.jpg

F4_small.jpg

F105_WW_small.jpg

• 3 months later...

If you go there take lots of shoe leather. I've been going 1-2 times a year since 1988. It has grown about 3-4 times since then. Best time to go is Monday or Tues during the winter . Smaller crowds and better photo chances with out people walking in front of you .

I had the chance of going on a tour at the museum after hours. Got to go inside many of the airplanes, including the B-36 and the B-29 "Boxcar". Excellent museum for any military or history enthusiast.